Jambands.ca

I quit tobacco today

Velvet

the one drug that I am a chronic for... if you made up your mind just keep your mind made up... don't even tell people you associate with every day or they'll keep bringing it up... quitting is a personal business... 2 close friends of mine quit in August and are still quit

best of luck (and decisiveness) your way

I think that is great! I smoked for 8 years, and it took me 2 years to quit (meaning two years before my friends would no longer bum them to me). It's hard, but so well worth it. I'm nicotine free for almost 5 years, and don't miss the taste at all (the smell draws me every now and then still). I replaced nicotine with caffeine, but hopefully I'm still better off. Good luck!!!

It's not strength, it's Zyban!

The first time I quit smoking was easy, and I stayed quit for two years, until my first year of university. I've tried quitting hundreds of times since, each time harder than the last, with some temporary successes (a year/3 months/a month).

With Zyban it feels like the first time again.

My roomate quit with Zyban over 2 years ago and hasn't smoked since. He followed the directions that came with it to the letter...he also threw away every ash tray, lighter, and anything else he ever associated with smoking the day before his quit date and washed all his clothes so there was no smell of smoke. Gave him a fresh start and it helped.

Oh yeah, and he hit the price club HARD...cases of werthers, licorice, wine gums, chewing gum, etc...it got him through it.

Good luck!

good job man! but you know, you don't need the crutches of zyban and candy! you have this wonderfully strong tool called a mind. my brother told me the easiest way to quit smoking is to put out your last one and don't ever take another one. he is right, it has worked for me since march. don't piss your money away to pharmaceutical companies and candy manufacturers, i am sure you don't really need them!

I used a simple little book to quit after having it recommended by a friend. I haven't had a craving or any weight gain after smoking heavily (I used to wake up at night to smoke)for 20 years.....like most of you, I have a compulsive obsessive personality and get heavily addicted to things quickly. I tried quitting hundreds of times and struggled greatly with it....

"Stop Smoking the Easy Way" by Alan Carr...he has an internet site and lectures around the world. He's cheesy, but dammit, it works!

Without going too into detail, it uses a form of hipnosis of sorts to deprogram you from believing that giving it up is a difficult thing. If you are convinced it's difficult, it will be. If you are convinced that it is not, it is the easiest thing you can imagine. Enjoyable, in fact when you finally realize that you don't *really* need them, you just think you do. You are your own worst enemy...

honestly- if me and my mother can quit- any one can.

good luck dude!!

you know where you can find support and coping mechanisims.

and my tactic was cold turkey and committment. it felt great every moment I accomplished, it made me feel like I was climbing a mountain and it is something I have always cheesily quoted as my greatest accomplishment.

tash