Jambands.ca

Hiway Freeker...

MarcO

Congrats to the Freeker!

I just noticed that the article was written by Katie Holloway. Is Katie on this board? Does anyone know her? I don't know her but I remember that name from years ago, when she wrote a big, convincing letter on rec.music.phish regarding why Phish should return to Canada. Then a friend of mine went on to start up a website/foundation called Canadians For A Closer Phish (CFCP). hehe.

Kate's my tour buddy from, well at least Kesey Darien and the Went... we stocked up on bubble guns on the way to the went and fashioned ourselves as the World Cool City Rangers under the pretense that wherever the show was that was the World Cool City.... like the biggest city in Maine. She's writing a monthly column for jambands.com at Dean's insistence... she's seen alot of shows, her son Sam is a piece of Phish history without a doubt. Anyways she and Serena have become buds as I understand and admittedly there are few women musicians in our scene.

i met the two of them front row in Toronto 2000.

Sam would be split open sam i imagine....he told me the story in the lot before the show, cute kid.

then some wookie ass retards (actually, it may have been a couple of wookie friends of mine) offered the kid a joint, felt like pelting them right infront of trey.

Sams Mom, i guess the person you are talking about, well, she kicks ass as well...

Don't forget they will be playing May 16th at mermaids lounge in Hess village, Hamilton.

I have had the pleasure of bookin em at Mermaids now for the third time.Great people who play great music.

I have never heard them being judged by how good looking Serena is, but I do know them pretty well and I don't think that they can be called a cover band, far from it actually, BDP is one great interptation of Dylan(my favourite musician). The HF orginals kick ass, Serena has one great singing voice, very soulful, love 'em all.

Always a great freekin' time.

Give'r [big Grin]

Archived