Jambands.ca

x

Joan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a respectable array of sh!tty-ass songs listed here...I think we should discuss the criteria for "WORSE SONGS EVER".

I mean, there are a lot of stank-ass songs out there--utter crap performed by no-talent-ass-clowns or, subjectively, stuff that just isn't your particular cup o' tea. So I think we should set a few parameters in compiling the definitive "Worst Song Ever" list.

My contribution to the list of criteria would have to be the fact that all the very worst songs tend to be consistent in one regard--they're insidious and almost impossible to get out of your head!

And, while I'm here, I'd like to add a song to the list: Walk Like An Egyptian. What the hell is the point? There's nothing redeeming about this song! And its annoying as hell! And what's more annoying than a sh!tty song? A sh!tty song with an irritating dance that accompanies it!!! (See: Macarena for further info on this phenomenon)....

i totally stand corrected on the flying v. whenever i see them all i can think about is eighties hair bands. but apparently some good people had them too. is there any functional purpose to their shape?

No, not really. IIRC, they were introduced in the '50s along with the Gibson Explorer

exp.jpg

which is/was a shape also used by '80s hair-metal bands; my guess is that they'd both sound similar to other two-humbucker Gibsons from the '50s, such as the Les Paul.

Aloha,

Brad

Wow. This is just so obvious, I'm amazed that no one has yet posted the actual "worst" song ever. I should start by saying that this song is extra-horrible in light of the fact that this band (well, two incarnations earlier) used to be very cool, however, by the time they became:

Starship and wrote We Built This City (On Rock 'n' Roll) they easily managed to write the worst song ever.

Chilliwack - Whatcha Gonna Do When Im Gone

another song that is so bad you just have to laugh and sing-a-long - embrace it, cuz its not leaving your head for days, and chances are next time you put on a classic rock station, you'll hear it within minutes. well, if that classic rock station happens to be located in london ontario. people here love sh!tty music.

My former regular rockclimbing partner used to do the most irritating thing to me.

He was well aware that I (like many of you) tend to easily get songs stuck in my head once I've heard only a few lines or the chorus.

So, inevitably at times that I have been on a route while we were out at some new crag or otherwise unfamiliar rock requiring extra concentration, he would look up at me and sing a line from something that would end up driving me nuts. I would end up singing it, at least until the end of that climb, but more often until the end of our climbing trip!

I don't think I'll ever get over climbing in the Rockies and hearing, "Video killed the radio star..." out of his mouth. I want to kill him just writing this and remembering! (Oh! Great! Now I have that stupid song stuck in my head; and I did it to myself!)::

I don't know if these have been mentioned but - off the top of my head - these songs are torture for me:

The Eagles - One Of These Nights

Billy Joel - We Didn't Start The Fire

Bob Seger - We've Got Tonight

CSN - Guinnevere

Gowan - Guns & God

5 Man Electrical Band - Signs

Celine Dion - I Will Always Love You

and a very special mention!:

Pink Floyd - The Wall (in it's entirety)