Jambands.ca

moe. toronto ~last night~

fluffhead77

I need some help with the names of the new songs...if anyone knows what they are I'd greatly appriciate it...

Here's what I recall from a great night of moe....took them a while to get warmed up but the smoked from there on in...

set I Spaz, TGORM, Tin Cans and Car Tires, Conviction song, She Sends Me, Disembodied Head(not sure about the name), HHH->Rec. Chem

Set II Buster->Yodelittle->new song->meat->new song->Brent Black

E: Time!!

E: Time Again

from Happy hour hero onwards they tore the crap out of everything...if this is how hot they are right now, you guys in Ottawa are in for a real good show tonight...I'm jealous! If anyone was at the T Dot show last night and knows the names of the new songs please post them, I'd love to know....

Peace,

Brian

This is what the Phantasy Moe board has:

11/09/04 Opera House, Toronto, ON

Set I: Spaz Medicine, The Ghost Of Ralph's Mom, It, Conviction Song, She Sends Me, Disembodied Head, Happy Hour Hero> Recreational Chemistry

Set II: Buster> Yodelittle, The Road> Meat> The Pit> Brent Black

Encore: Time, Time Again

Thought it was a great show last night. The Rec Chem blew me away!

So who heard when the music basically blasted everyones ear drums apart, not hard to miss? Some serious sound probs throughout the show but didn't seem to make much of a difference for the band. My hearing sucks right now, serious buzzing going on!

Nice to see a good packed crowd at the Opera house.

But the Andre the Giant like guy was not taking any prisoners. I saw countless young kids getting kicked out.

I feel exactly the same way about them warming up...I thought She Sends Me was the first hot tune of the night, Disembodied Head was cool, but as soon as they were into HHH it was gold from there...the second set was QUITE incredible. Look out Ottawa, if I wasn't working tonight I'd be on a bus to your neighbourhood. Highlight of the show for me, I think, was the jam from Meat...just awesome, and they let Jim loose on the vibes for a bit, which was cool. He was also messing with a bass during one of the second set jams, he appears to be every bit a musician as he is a drummer (guffaw).

Enjoy your moe., Ottawa.

great show! I was very impressed!

"Buster> Yodelittle and Brent Black were my favorite moments

There was this peak that the band hit, 2nd set, and the whole sound system farted just at the peak of their jam, it was like the band had pushed the limit of the system... it kinda spoiled the moment; other than that everything was awesome.

Good to see all the Toronto heads.

The technical difficulties happened during the new Al song "The Road." I was really enjoying my first listen to "The Road" as also did during Rob's "Disembodied Head" and "The Pit."

Also I was the one that brought it to Chuck's attention that moe. had not performed "It" in Toronto since 1997, so I was happy he accknowledged "It" and they performed "It."

Hey Marky, what was the damage done, if any, to the soundsystem.

Sweet, sweet show. Too bad about my eardrums. Nice guy or not, Rob-the-Giant's no ins or outs, no smoking anywhere thing is a bit severe. At least give us the back corner of the patio or something!!! I heard more than one party mention boycotting the venue on account of their fascism.

I had a blast anyway... lots of lovely peeps I hadn't seen in a while. I hope tonight's going just as well.

Cheers!

it was so nice to meet up with everybody at the Opera House.

Cully, Schwa, Jackie, Shelby, boogieknight, friendly, sarahbelle, my buddy andrew from London, Jaydawg, Mr. Slippery, James (one of the only hardcore panic fans i've met from Canada...sorry it was only a hello dude), Vicki and Jeff, Large Marge, Ed and John...it was a great night but you folks should've made it out to Ottawa...if you make it out to ottawa next run forget your socks...moe will blow them clear off.

aside from the sound issues, crappy security policy, and overpriced drinks, the only thing I noticed about the show was a loss of momentum at points during the jams. it was pretty subtle and if i'd hear the tapes now i doubt i could pick it out...the guys made our night go stellarly