Jambands.ca

The Greatest Canadian - David Suzuki tonight

paisley

Bruno Gerussi. Period!

How many of you spent sunday nights watching the Beachcombers.

He should be on the list!

gerussibrun.jpg

BRUNO GERUSSI. Born in Medicine Hat, Alberta, Canada, 1928. Educated at the Banff School of Fine Arts. Joined the Stratford Festival and the Canadian Players as a stage actor, mid-1950s; star of morning CBC radio show Gerussi: Words and Music, 1967-68; star of CBC television adventure series The Beachcombers, 1972-90; host of morning show Celebrity Cooks. Died 21 November 1995.

i wonder about the appeal of don cherry...

perhaps we're just at a time when canadians are putting a particular value on people who speak their mind and dont' kiss ass

i watched his bio actually and he really comes off as an everyman

i could be wrong though - david suzuki would get my vote but i wish he could find more ways to actually affect how people are living everyday - I want him to save the world, but sometimes i just feel like he's preaching to the choir

I watched the Suzuki episode last night and found the host, Melissa Auf Der Maur, extremely annoying. The program seemed to be more about her travelling around in her fancy tour bus and singing crappy songs than about the life and legacy of David Suzuki.

The whole show had a terrible flow and every Suzuki ideal that she presented seamed to falter and had no connection to her next point. I wish the CBC could have found someone a little less flakey to the convey the points of such a wonderful public speaker, scientist, professor and environmentalist.