Jambands.ca

~ GTB LOVE THREAD ~

Jay Funk Dawg

GREAT SHOW LAST NIGHT! THANKS FOR GIVIN' ER! The opening act "Off the International Radar" was some cool ambient art rock, i dug it! Thanks for the good time... Looking forward to the next BUS! ride?

Grand Theft Bus CD Release

live_20050218.jpg

Friday, February 18th

with Special Guests Off The International Radar

www.grandtheftbus.com

www.offtheinternationalradar.com

@ The Rivoli (just East of Queen/Spadiana)

fitnfbanner_03.jpgfitnfbanner_04.jpgfitnfbanner_05.jpgfitnfbanner_06.jpg

Grand Theft Bus Deliver Long Awaited Follow Up

On February 15th 2005 New Brunswick's Grand Theft Bus will deliver what many will call one of the most accessible, yet adventurous albums in independent Canadian music in the last year. Distributed by Maple Music (Universal), "Flies in the No Fly" is a record that will push boundaries by both challenging and welcoming the listener.

"Flies in the No Fly" offers a very healthy evolution of the band, an array of experimental rock songs, focused on melody and texture. Grand Theft Bus truly believes they have grown musically and with this album can offer something very accessible yet interesting and a bit off the wall. "Flies in the No Fly" contains songs you'll find humming to yourself after a first listen and textures that will continue to surprise after multiple listens.

Known for their high energy, sprawling live show, Grand Theft Bus have performed over 150 times annually since their inception in 2000. This trend will continue with the release of "Flies in the No Fly", including a stop @ The Rivoli in Toronto on Friday February 18th. In addition, the bands have planned release events in every major market in Canada between Feb.17th and April 15th 2005. These events combined with detailed promotions of the new record and tour stops throughout the USA will bring much deserved attention to this project.

more info to follow...

www.grandtheftbus.com

www.maplemusic.com

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here are their tour dates::

Saturday Jan 29th - Moncton, NB - The Manhatten

Friday Feb 4th - Fredericton, NB - The Cellar

Saturday Feb 12th - Saint John, NB - The Oasis w/ ERMINE

Thursday Feb 17th - Kingston, Ont - Elixer Nightclub

[color:"red"]Friday Feb 18th - Toronto, Ont - The Rivoli

Saturday Feb 19th - Montreal, PQ - Le Swimming

Friday Feb 25th - Charlottetown, PEI - Myron's

Saturday Feb 26th - Halifax, NS - Stage 9

Friday March 4th - Moncton, NB - The Manhatten

Saturday March 12th - Antigonish, NS - Chuggles

Friday March 25th - Halifax, NS - The Attic

Looks like Hamilton is going to have to come to Toronto for the 'bus...

i actually think if they got some airplay on CHRW, which is entirely possible with a release being distributed by maplemusic, and they had a saturday night gig at call the office, that they'd do quite well. university kids who like that style of music pack that place when other bands in that vein come around, so why not them? they're really good at what they do.

I wasn't saying it wouldn't do well... I just can't speak for London's fan base for this kind of music... I guess the Chatham kids would probably make the trip for that show, so yeah, I guess London would have been a good stop for the Bus as well...

I'm psyched to hear this long anticipated album! I'll have to order up a copy, as I probably won't be able to catch a show for a while (unless a tour of the west is coming up....?)

I'm sure they'll be back in Ontario hitting all the usual towns in the Spring. I've noticed the Bus have done several trips in the past all the way out to Ontario only to play 1, 2 or 3 shows before heading back East.. kinda crazy. (like that Hamilton show with Logic)

yup, the transitional jam with everybody on stage was about all I enjoyed of that show

wasn't my favorite Bus show and when Logic wasn't on stage at the same time as the Bus I didn't enjoy him at all... felt like he thought all Canadians were hicks and he was playing it way down or something (or else he just sucks, which you wouldn't figure from his portfolio)

Saturday March 12th - Antigonish, NS - Chuggles [color:"purple"] - Now there's a major market!!

Surprised to hear that the Bus/Logic show sucked. Truthfully I've never been that big a Logic Fan... I think his work on combustication is pretty lame...and the remix album is the worst... I wonder how he did get that list of credentials? Maybe he's just a wicked party animal.. DJ Logic certainly has the Jam DJ market cornered... maybe that's the problem, no one in the jam scene seems to knows what a real scratch DJ can do... it's all the gimmick.

Maybe he's just a wicked party animal..

It's funny, show-whore asked me if I had any weed at that show, for DJ Logic to smoke. I said the only way I'd give him some was if I got to smoke with Logic. I went to the "VIP room" at PJC, met Logic, rolled a joint and smoked it with him and show-whore. He came off as very arrogant, and not too interested in being in Canada, let alone Hamilton at all. His set didn't change my opinion of him, what a waste of time. I believe cover was like $15 too, WORST SHOW EVER!!!