Jambands.ca

~ GTB LOVE THREAD ~

Jay Funk Dawg

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hahaha, ok del, fair enough... but there's always a track or 2 you're gonna skip...

i actually like a lot of the new songs they've been playing, though, and i dont really agree that they're inferior to what they did before. its different. but its not inferior, as far as im concerned.

some of the new bus tunes don't make sense...

'photograph' is played live SO often and its a really terrible song to play live...rather, in comparison to their other up-beat songs, it really messes up the flow of the shows.

Not that i'm fully against all the new songs, I think that their set lists have been way to similar this past year. they need to resurect older songs...methuo, ignition, first foot forward, climb, pillowcase, confrontation, airborne, Boltnek...i rarely hear these gems at all, yet it feels liks i hear Mannequin and photograph every single show...

anyway. peace

Exactly kooky! I used to consider the Bus one of the best CanJam bands out there... Then there was that whole period of time where they were saying "We're not a jamband!". Fair enough, some people don't like labels, but they did jam, quite well I might add... I hate how their reaction to people calling them a jamband was to write a bunch of bad songs and play them to death... And if they're not a jamband, explain why every Street Sleeper they play has a jam in the middle... GTB could have been great, but I now consider them mediocre... I wouldn't go out of my way to see them anymore... (That being said, I still hope they play Ottawa on a night when nothing else is going on. I just hope it's not the same show I've been seeing for the past year or so...)

The GTB Boys have put a lot of energy into their new album and it shows. Last I spoke with the Band they were spending a week to work on bringing some of this newest material to the live show. We'll see what happens... I like their new direction and i feel that this band will continue to reinvent themselves over the next year.

Not that i'm fully against all the new songs, I think that their set lists have been way to similar this past year. they need to resurect older songs...methuo, ignition, first foot forward, climb, pillowcase, confrontation, airborne, Boltnek...i rarely hear these gems at all, yet it feels liks i hear Mannequin and photograph every single show...

here, here!!

I miss the old tunes too, those are the songs that got me hooked on them. But bands develop and the main thing is they are playing the music they want to play.

I am sure the new album will be great and do pretty well.

They may be losing some fans by less jamming, but they are picking up a few on the other side as well. time will tell which direction is better.

Oh and Kingston is major market for the bus. They pack the place everytime I have seen them here.

it's all a matter of taste! I would hate for them not to play photograph its a beautiful song, and if you don't like it well it gives you a chance to grab a beer or go to the washroom, or whatever. Just my opinion of course - but as far as new tunes go - that's what happens - make new music and play it and try to balance new and old.

Exactly kooky! I used to consider the Bus one of the best CanJam bands out there... Then there was that whole period of time where they were saying "We're not a jamband!".

Its Adam by the way, should have posted that.

You know, its funny that you mention this because I never new that they disliked and were trying to move away from the genre of "jam band"...and it just clicked in my head that its probably why they don't do seamless sets anymore....its LOTS of Jamming.....AHHHH but thats why i loved them so much. the first time I ever saw the bus play was in toronto at the 360 club 2003/01/24 and it was a seamless show with JSB, who i'd never seen before either. I still listen to this show like crazy. I dont think they've done seamless sets since...

You have to admit that jamming keeps things fresh...Yes you can repeat songs frequently but aside from the beginning and end, the middle is always fresh...except for JSB who play the same songs at EVERY shoe i've seen....thats a different rant for a different day...

2 bands that i've seen as much as the bus that come to mind are BNB and nero...some more who i haven't seen so many times like Steve kimock and the dead...bottom line, every show is fresh.

But hey, this is enough bus slandering for now, its their band, let them decide where it should go.

i'll be checkin' this out.

pais, i work in stoney creek...

don't know yet if i'm going back to waterloo, then to TO,

or straight to TO. kinda depends if Schwa. or any k-w'ites wanna go.

maybe Schwa. will meet me at the hwy6 carpool spot...?

either way, i should be able to provide a lift.

BUS, BUS, BUS!!!

w o o h o o ! ! !

don't care about the road travelled so long as the destination remains the same... PM ya tomorrow!