Jambands.ca

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Movie Trailer

Freeker

i just bought the book to read. i'm looking forward to it. i think i'll save watching the trailer until i've read the book.

please, please DO.

I don't think I can be convinced that this will EVER live up to either the cheesy BBC version (i have the DVD I will gladly lend out) OR the AWESOME audio recordings (also lend-able or burnable).

Ya know, some images are best left to people's own imaginings. I mean the 'original' Zaphod is such a drunk, arrogant dickwad, with such a ludicrous second head, you can't help but want to take him to bed (ooops, I mean 'love him') I will give the movie a go, of course, but it seems on the surface too glossy, trying to appeal beyond Adams' fanatic readership. WTF? why not accept that heady Adams fans would support a truer version of the story. Am I rambling yet? Anyway, also wanted to add a personal note to Jroc that it is NOT ALLOWED to see the movie before you've finished the book(S). Same rules I give my students: create your own mental images, hear your own audio track, before allowing someone else (in this case the movie director) to impose his/her 'vision'

final note: read "The Salmon of Doubt" for Adams' own take on, amoung MANY other subjects, why it took so damn long to have this film made.

and finally, finally, remember when you're down and out and wonderin' what it's all about.......the answer IS 42!