Jambands.ca

Realistic CTMF wish list

elemeno

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't really like trance all that much anymore... The jungle room at parties was always the sketchy room, full of the tweeked out kids and thugs... I'd go there to smoke herb, but I usually didn't stay long... Gabber, well, don't get me started on gabber... Gabber has a hard driving beat, it's angry, not sketchy... Jungle lacks something for me... I think it's the sketched out beats... I can see why people like it, I just don't...

hmmm, realistic CTMF wish list..... well, for starters:

- a bunch of bands i have never seen before

- particularly, a lineup that stretches beyond the same bands i can and usually do see just about every month (although diesel dog is a must for any CTMF)

- how about a wide range of music, instead of stuff that's all along the same flave. i'd like to see more reggae, maybe some hip-hop, bluegrass, all kinds of music. heck, even that steel drum band last year was fun. after all it's a MUSIC festival, not a jamband festival. so unless they're gonna change the name to CTJF, then spice it up a bit.

- as for specific acts, kinnie starr, maybe some lily frost, mr. something-something is always fun, plus some of the ones mentioned already. really i just want to see a big mix of music.

ahhhhhh, roboxy:

cday29.jpg

possible acts from Hamilton:

- a dusk performance on friday or saturday by Brian Griffith, Sharon Musgrave, Joel Guenther, Jesse O'Brien, Craig and Colin Lapslee would be a sweet way to get one of the nights started (they play every Sunday night at 33 Hess in Hamilton... world class performers... ass shakin R & B with stunning instrumentals, Brian Griffith is a legend)

- The Riddim Riders... heavy heavy reggae... been blowin me away lately, and I'm not the world's biggest reggae fan (as in it has to be unbelievable to get me to listen)... play every Friday at 33 Hess

- Shawn Brush is one of the best bluegrass flat pickers anywhere, be a cool to see him kick it out one afternoon

- Flattstreet keep getting better and better and have been getting insanely popular, definately would draw a new crowd and it'd be nice to see them where there's enough room to dance (funky jazz)

i think the big reason why we keep getting the same group of bands is mainly the cost. some of the bands listed here would far exceed the budget of CTMF. I don't know the budget but it seems that they can only afford 1 out of town headliner per fest.

i hope roboxi is enjoying his winter in mexico. Tell him to bring up some of those cheap mexican rooffies. Then him and i can go out on a date, you know maybe dinner and a movie???

What is that one bluegrass band from Kingston called... I forget.. they're great though.

I think they're name is/was Mountain West - but I think I heard they broke up. If they haven't, get 'em - they are AMAZING!!

I'm in with Bacon, Velvet and Paisley on the BLUEGRASS - even though like velvet, I won't be there either......sh!t, there should be a whole afternoon of bluegrass - it stirs me to the bottom of my soul

Definitely the John Henry's - they were my favourite band last time (would have been tied with BNB except for the sound problems). Otherwise, Diesel Dog - I don't think I could ever have too much of them. Like someone from the Ottawa show said, "Their music has healing qualities" - give 'em a better time slot too.....they always get the shaft. And what would a show with Diesel Dog be without the wonderful Harvard Mouse combo. Who doesn't love hearing them and seeing Mr Tonin's mongonormous smile!