Realistic CTMF wish list

elemeno

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slip/Duo

that'd sure be sweet

couple more I always enjoy are Blue Quarter, the Bus, D Dog, Slammin Jack keep getting better and better, Stephen Franke to be sure

personally still like Wassabi a lot though I tend to go for beer during the reggae, know they've been working hard at it all winter

what new acts have spawned from Hiway Freeker? whatever's going on there should come out... great energy and spirit

SloCoaster are lots of fun and would mix it up a little (could be approached in the coming week as they pass through southern Ontario)

more to come...

Guigsy: Hillside Festival in Guelph.

I'm not sure what would get me out to CTMF - A big draw perhaps or a whacky assemblage of small and VARIED acts and types of music. Toronto Tabla Ensemble with Sisters Euclid was something I'd have liked to seem, and pairings like that might cut across genres a bit. Throw an MC up with one of those bands and see what comes of it.

acoustic lauzon ? is that actually in the works?

no idea... just thought i'd throw it out there, in case it wasnt in the works, and someone wanted to put it in the works. ::

and yeah, Polkaroo, i hear ya on hillside.. having missed it 3 years in a row, and hearing so many great things about it, 3 years in a row, i really want to make it this year. i guess i'd just like to see some bands crossing over genres/fanbase, and would like to see some of that at ctmf... come togethers are always so predictable, if not so much in the bands you'll see, but in the sounds you'll hear.... but from what i've been hearing, i suppose the remedy for that, is a festival like hillside.

canadian festivals have such a massive talent pool to draw from, it'd be nice to see a real canadian music scene happening, that engulfs a lot of canadian music, rather than sub sections of canadian music.

i keep saying it, but there is a lot of great music in canada right now.

My realistic list:

Diesel Dog

King Sunshine

Kevin Breit w/ Sisters

Fat Cats

Jomomma

New Shady Groove

Silver Tones

Caution Jam

DOUG FEAVER

Stephen Franke NFTS (i guess if they are in the area)

Burt Neilson Band

and the Branford Collaberation Bands

::

Yes DOUG FEAVER !!!!-Captain Canada!!!! It would be amazing if we could get Doug at izzy's!!!Someone get Mark to call doug asap!! ::

My CTMF wish:

No stereos in the fire this year. (yuck)

Agree about The Spades ... I'd love to see them on the bill, and it would be a great way to shake things up.

And I might be the only one who feels this way (it could have been the tequila that night), but I really dug Drums and Tuba at Frontier Town.

Drums & Tuba was awesome... I'd love to see them again. The Slip (obviously, but doubtful). Broken Social Scene or Do Make Say Think... Fat Cats, Diesel Dog, The John Henrys, BNB... How about the Trachtenburg Family Slideshow Players? The Spades would be ok... I agree that some bluegrass would kick ass! Realistically, I don't see too many surprises this year... Not slighting the festival at all, it's just that the lineup significantly got better and better every year until the May 2003 one. After we got kicked out of Ghost Town, the lineup hasn't really blown me away. Still some great acts to see, but nothing I was overly impressed with. Oh, and keep Wassabi away this year, please! I would have been the first to jump at another chance to see them again, if it wasn't for the fact that they are now a second rate reggae band... Boo to Wassabi, boo...

It's all that Guisto fu©ker... When he joined the band, and the drummer Steve left, that band officially died... I used to consider them my second favorite CanJam band (ask Crow, he loved them too), but since the whole reggae vibe assimilated that band, they just plain suck... Melissa's still a hottie though, too bad she wouldn't drop them and join another band that plays good music. I think she's incredibly talented, but has to hold back with the lack of upbeat songs now... No, I think I've seen my last Wassabi shows, unless they get back on the dance music vibe again...