Jambands.ca

Thanks Jay Cleary ...

mark tonin

... for all of the work that you do!

It is hard work being a promoter, and I'm sure many people that visit this board are grateful for the numerous cool shows that you've booked in Toronto over the last while. I've always enjoyed communicating with you and reading your posts, as your genuine kindness and huge love of music always shines through, and you always seem willing to try to learn from your mistakes and improve upon what you do.

I'm sure that many bands appreciate your efforts as well.

I personally still have to get to a Toronto show of yours ... wow it's been a while since I've been to Toronto for any show! Been busy busy busy of late, and to be honest that trip into Toronto can be such a pain in the ass at times. Having said that, the work that you do bringing bands to Toronto is appreciated by me and many others.

Trying to spread some early morning positive vibes ... I finally must be recovering from this nasty cold that has made me a grumpy old man lately.

Peace, Mark

Jay is a stand-up guy that's for sure. I am always impressed by his contributions to our scene. He not only plays in a kick ass band, but he promotes bands and shows like nobody's business. He does it not for kudos, not for the money, not to feed an ego, but because he's genuinely interested in seeing shows succeed for both the band and the venue, and genuinely interested in spreading good music to those who will listen.

Way to go Jay. You're a fine example.

Once I pulled over on the side of the 401 because I wasn't feeling well and Jay Cleary performed triple bypass surgery on my bloated broken heart with one hand while completing a crossword puzzle with the other. Then he fixed my brakes, doused out a burning school bus full of botulism-plagued orphans and managed to fit in a call to his Auntie Mae who he hadn't spoken to in a while. He smelled great too and was very polite.

Thanks Jay!

I would first like to thank the Jam-academy...

Thanks for all the love folks... I certainly need it from time to time. It's been a hell of a run since I landed here in Toronto, about a year and a half ago. Let's call it a rollercoaster!

I definitely fell into this Toronto Promoter role, this was a very accidental career move, maybe it was inevitable. I certainly wouldn't say this is the easiest way to make ends meet. Big Friendly, Charles Ketchebaw and Shane McCartney warned me about booking jambands in Toronto. I guess I do it because I guess i find some meaning in my life by supporting this pool of Canadian Talent, and I guess I'm much like you guys: I'm a music junkie.

Second phase of Jay Cleary's excellent Toronto adventure continues with more shows but also with me trying to get out and play more. I got a real taste for performing while living in Nova Scotia when I toured for 3 years with folk-rock group The Aaron MacDonald Band and then another 2 years fronting the jazz High Plains Drifter... I've had the pleasure of playing recently with Mark Wilson & The Way it Is, Caution Jam and occasional jams at the Gypsy Co op...planning to get back out there this summer with a new group rockin' out on my guitar.

Lots of plans in the works for this summer, I can't wait to get the word out. I want send a big thanks to everyone who has come out to the shows and supports emerging artists and this awesome scene. I'm learning every step of the way how to do this better for the bands and for the fans. Big Thanks also to Jambands.ca, it has been an important tool for in bringing us all together.

<<<< thanks for the heady vibes >>>>

love,

jay cleary

Feel free to drop me a line:

jay.cleary@sympatico.ca