Jambands.ca

Welcome to Monday...

bradm

Here's how to start a day such that (you hope) nothing else worse will happen to you the rest of the week:

1. during breakfast, bang forehead on cupboard door you thought was closed, leaving a visible welt
  2. have the bus you want to take not show up
  3. try to log in at the office, only to get an error message, saying the system doesn't know you
  4. have the help desk say, when you phone about #3 and give your name, "Uh, you don't seem to be in the system..."

It turns out #3 was caused by my machine gettting renamed (without my knowledge), but the renaming not going all the way through the system. A visit from a help desk person sorted it all out. I think the problem with my name and the help desk was caused by the person I was talking to mis-spelling my name.

And, to top it all off, I've had a line from BNB's "In The Belly" stuck in my head. You know, the one that goes, "And all I want to do is sleep in late".

As the family cats would say on occastion, "Meh!"

Aloha,

Brad

In an effort to demostrate the cyclical nature of the universe (and not to rub in a bad day, Brad), I represent the yin to this tragic yang.

I awoke this morning to the sound of one hand clapping and the realization that despite the fact it was still relatively early, I slept in and looked forward to the beginning of my March break. No high priced vacations for me, just merely the realization that I have dedicated my morning thus far to coffee, reading and more reading in the comfort of my own pajamas. I have lit my incense, lit something else, and continue at the pace of a man that really does not care what time it is. The day will no doubt be replaced with less noble pursuits (Deadwood Season 1 DVD) but I have vowed to make it outside if nothing but to take the movie back (I Heart Huckabees, which was a really delightful exilstentalist debate).

Next Monday won't be this good, but hey, that's the universe. And now back to nothing.

scottieking, you're one of the coolest individuals I know, and I understand how you need to enjoy yourself during your well-earned week off, and this isn't personal or anything, it's just a temporary coping mechanism, but I'm going to hate you just a little bit for the next while.

Aloha,

Brad

Thanks for the head's up Dingy, I have to take the bus to work tomorrow. I'm excited!

Today stinks. My boss is on vacation so I thought things would be simple, but I had about 5 fires to put out on a Monday morning. That's more activity than I was expecting all week. Sad thing is, my colleague is sitting around talking to her husband all morning about the video game they like to play and telling me how quiet it is when our boss is away. She's playing bird sounds on her CD player too. I could strangle her.

Gee, is it Monday? Damn, I gotta work at 3. Today will be a little Free Fallin', Circle Game, Some random Kiss tune (every week, another Kiss tune this kid wants), Don't Tell Me by Avril (which I love), Enter Sandman, Lazy by Deep Purple (this one scares me a bit), acoustic Layla intro solo, Get Back, Time by Pink Floyd (and, after over 2 months, if the kid doesn't have c-7 by now, that's it, we're dropping the tune), Another Brick In The Wall Pt II, a few scale and concept lessons and I guess that'll do it.

Sure am glad I went back to school.

As it's March break, a lot of students cancel so I squashed my three-day week down to two days this week. I guess that makes this my Thursday!

Bradm, if you want to send any personal hatred, you know my email address.

thank you monday!!

i get way more sleep, drink a lot less beer and smoke less herb from Monday to Friday. And YES that can be a good thing! Plus i learn and improve on my skills everyday at work. I could still be caught up in the new job excitement, but i look forward to going pretty much everyday. I'll save my injuries until i get there BradM..seems i'm always smashing some body part on some hunk of steel in the shop. This weekend POG, thee Passed Out Guy, kept me up until the wee hours all liquored up on beer. I had to eventually scare him off with some Rye Sunday morning...i'm way to old for these all nighters .

i think my monday so far tends more toward bradm's and less toward scottieking's...

i just talked to niffermouse and she is having a bradmonday for sure....perhaps all of the people on holidays have a put extra demand on the cosmic happiness grid. at least i'm feeling less bad knowing that others are sharing this. misery does love company :)

here's to a better tuesday!

well myy monday certainly isnt as bad as brads, its decent so far, got huung up on a few times, but thats par for this course, and i tracked down and got payments from some nice big clients, woohoo! means im doing my job the way i should, got a high five(figurative, not literal) from the bossman already, woo!, and i got an email from my bud in thailand, now new zzealand, saying hes ok, which is always good news, gonna try and post pics today, wish me luck

My Monday was rough as hell... Woke up on d_rawk and Snelly's floor at 4am after a two day beer and wine bender... I stumbled over to a Mac's to ask how to get to the bus station. The guy almost didn't open the door to let me in to the Mac's because he said I looked "suspicious"... Got the directions, caught a bus around 4:30am, went home, changed and made it to work just on time (7am)... I didn't "straighten out" until sometime in the afternoon... I really gotta stop drinking on nights when I have to work the following day. Oh, and I'm definitely off the wine for awhile...

hahaha ... you never turned off that alarm clock I placed by your head though ... I consistently woke up to that thing from 4:00am - 7:00am. Couldn't figure out a) why my alarm clock was going off (too tired to realize it wasn't my alarm clock buzzing), or B) why I couldn't make it shut the fack up.

You did well. Most of our overnight guests never make it to work the next day.

today i slept in a bit, had some breakfast and got back on the jobhunt...

another sh!tty monday...but then i was saved by a miracle of scrabble...had a nice time with a game of scrabble, some music of 'the rapture' (if you haven't checked these guys out they're pretty mad), and great company with my friend Lanie.

crap to sweetness...just as a day can do sometimes.

that's quite the start to the week, brad. hope she looks up for ya.

i'm working on pushing monday through to tuesday.... up at school about 3 hours into a potential all-nighter here. it's an all-nighter by choice more than necessity... well, i guess that could be argued either way. regardless, i packed lots of supplies so i should be able to make it through. so far i've got some quality work goin on too :) maybe that's 'cause i haven't busted into some of my 'supplies' yet ::

Man, my Monday was not too shabby on the whole. Woke around 11, headed over to class listening to a great North Mississippi show, went to class and talked about whether altruism or egoism is more in the human nature, enjoyed more of the North Mississippi show on the way home, screwed around on the internet, got some laundry done, ate a delicious peanut butter and jam on flax, went to work to slave for the man like a jerk for four hours of my day, came home and reheated some delicious sauce from last night and applied it to spagetti, sat down and got high in front of a number of quality episodes of Aqua Teen Hunger Force. Found my way to the computer to tell ya'll about it, and will soon sleep in preparation for doing it all again tomorrow. :D

went to class and talked about whether altruism or egoism is more in the human nature,

And what was the predominant line of thinking? I, personally, tend to lean more toward the egoism camp, since even seemingly altruistic acts can often be traced back to personal motives/agendas... Such as people doing 'nice' or 'helpful' things for others, but because conciously or unconsciously it makes them feel good about themselves...

Just curious, since I study philosophy...

S/C

i really don't think i have ever witnessed an altruistic act so i'm in your camp s/c. but i still think it's pretty cool that some people feel good by being nice to others. i mean, if your only goal is to feel warm and fuzzy and you do nice things for other people i still think that makes you a superb individual. a nice warm feeling is not too much to ask is it? unless you're doing it to feel superior, then you're an a$$hole. :D