Jambands.ca

Schoolhouse Rock Vol. 2: May 7th - Chatham!!!

backbacon

great night all around. good to see some of my old school chatham homeboys under one roof. i was even glad to see the yankees make a border run to see this show.

as for ALL the missing stuff.. this is a complete slap in the face to keri and all his hard work.

i think more of the booze was sold then you think kdog. but when i went to bed(passout in car) there was at least 4-5 full cases of beer on the counter at least 3/4 of the vodka and a full bottle of CC. the beer cooler had less than 5 beer in it. is it possible everyone just sort of helped themselves to a few beers between the hours of 5-7am. because it seemed to me most people were still drinking when i left at 10am????

oh and keri i did give the cash register keys to jen and swifty sunday before i left their place.

keri you did a great job. keep the vibe alive in chatham brah!!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, thanks for another party keri... It was nice to meet those from the board that I hadn't yet! And great to see everybody else. No worries about the border, I'm pretty much over it. Really, it was all my own fault due to, as Shcwa said 'poor preperation'. Surprisingly, no problems crossing back into the states. The worst part about the whole thing, besides the invasive search was the inordinant amount of time they kept me there. I wish I would have been able to be there for the whole thing.

Sorry I wasn't more talkative. I got into some things I probably shouldn't have, which inhibited my ability to communicate. I did have a great time, though. People kept asking me why I wasn't having fun. I was having fun, I was just also dealing with some inner-turmoil. Anyhow, I had a good time at the beach, too, so thanks for showing me that spot... I wish Julia would have been there, she (and Karin) were pretty upset that they didn't get to go.

As for the unpleasantness of the evening... Keri, that SUCKS, man... I don't know what to say really. I know that I didn't stal any of your equipment, nor did I see anyone do it. As for the beers, I think EARLY morning (post-sunrise) I helped myself to a few beers (2 or 3 tops) that were in the cooler, I guess I just kind of figured it'd be alright, plus I was joke-broke (Which, granted, isnt a reason to steal stuff, but I really didn't feel like I was stealing, ya know?). I will gladly send you up a 10 spot or something to cover them. Also, I'm pretty sure there were a couple other people who seemed to be 'helping themselves' at that point. I don't even really remember who, honestly. I didn't see anyone drop a new case in there or anything, though... Nor did I see anyone take any beers or cases out to any cars, but I also wasn't really paying that close attention, either. I'm pretty sure that I saw some people passing around a 60 of CC whiskey early morning and schwilling it, but it was inside the schoolhouse, and I thought that you were around while that was going on, Keri... If this is news to you, you can email or PM me about it. I was also pretty confused at that point, so I don't know that my account is very reliable, but I'll help if I can. In any case, I really hope that things weren't THAT shady, and your stuff got mistakenly packed up.

Other than that, thanks for the great time, and I look forward to seeing you all again soon. If not for another schoolhouse party, then just for a visit sometime... Man I'd like to come to Izzy's for May 2-4. We'll see if I can work it out, but it's not looking promising.

Anyhow, thanks again, no worries about the border sicko's, and it was greeeeaaatttt to meet/see you all... Look forward to next time... And Keri, sorry about your stuff, email/PM me if you want a more detailed account of what I vaguely remember...

I keep getting on here to say what a fantastic time I had, but people keep saying it better for me; the same goes for that pall cast by the boozy skanky thieves (if such indeed proves to be the case). I can't wait to see everybody again in less than two weeks!! (Steve, sorry if you can't make it - can you get time off for religious observances? That's what I'm calling it).

Were there any more pics to be had? We had our camera there, but most of the time I remembered we had it came when the sun was poking up (that mist rising off the fields was just what I needed to see right then). I'm still trying to figure out how to make pictures happen on that site.

Good morning,

Okay, I've totally cut my losses on the booze. I really don't care about that. Unless someone has something concrete to offer as to actual cases being carted off... (I gather there were cases taken as the number of cases bought outwieghed the number accounted for in the morning by about 5.) I don't need to hear about folks helping themselves to bottles of beer, etc... consider that a gift for making it out to the show and having a good time. :) Heck, I've been a 'scrounger' on occasion. I still could have broken even with the loss of the booze... it was the loss of $1000 in electronics that put me in the red. So, if someone has anything to offer as far as the md recorder/ camera... please PM me. I'd rather just read positive reflections of the evening in this thread. :)

What I am having an especially hard time with is the loss of the memories the camera and recorder contained. I don't think anyone who frequents this board would have done something like this... that said, I don't have any leads. I reckon it was some Chatham 'acquaintance' who decided to better the quality of their life with a shiny new device they probably have no idea how to work. I've contacted the local pawn shops asking them to keep an eye out. I'm going to take out a print ad in the newspaper today urging that if someone did take one of the devices to annonymously contact me for my mailing address and send me the memory card/ mini disc. That is really what has been bothering my most about it all. There were probably a hundred photos form the night on there and the disc had over two hours of great music on it.

I was so happy that the entire night went so smoothly (I mean, the cops, I think, even said we could open the bar back up... at 3 am!!) but saddened took such a bad turn in the AM. If anything, I consider all the bad happenings as a learning experience... I mustn't simply trust EVERYONE to act in my best interest. I ceratinly need to run a tighter ship and conduct less of an 'open-house' situation.

I appreciate the kindness and honesty everyone has offered. I hope things take a turn for the better and it turns out that I'm only jumping to conclusions with all of this...

I realize I didn't specifically thank my American friends for coming!! I know how big of a headache crossing that disgusting border is. The only way I get to see you guys now is when you make the trip to Canada. Thanks for the dedication and it is great that we'll be seeing you in less than two weeks! Also, being as they are not on the message board, I neglected to thanks the bartenders who are so generous as to work for tips and take their job seriously. So to the three of you, thanks and I'd be happy to have you back to do it again!

Karin, I have your sweater. Paan, the coat might be yours... I'll give you a full description when I get home.

Oh, and the better part of Julia and I's 'Don't stop til you get enough' vocal jam was NOT recorded. I went and checked and the disc has run out so I put another in and we carried on for another few minutes. I DO think the Rubik's Cube song was captured though! :)

See you all soon!

keri

Edited by Guest

hey hey hey

if that leather jacket has yahama written on it and was found in the kitchen sink, it's cliffords.

thanks for lettin my snooze karin, i needed it. took me FOREVER to fall asleep. it was sooooo nice chillin and partyin with you girl! you never fail to remind me why hippie girls are the best.

thank you thank you thank you keri! and thank you to everyone else who worked hard and helped to make saturday so much fun. chatham and it's kind folks always treat me right.

tribal - so nice to party with you again girl, you've got the best pick up lines ever. can't wait to see you at 24.

lex - so nice to see you back in SoOn. BC's nice, but it's good to have you home.

supahfreak - nice to sit and chat with you in your car, hope to see you in a couple weeks.

gator - thanks for the heart to heart, always fun havin you around. Trey's face never looked so sexy.

crow - you bitch. you wet smelly pussy fart, i can't believe you didn't make it out. say thanks to your rents one last time for takin care of D-Rock.

scott - thanks for driving.

maxwebster - i love your fuzzy hat. you need to tell me where you bought it.

bandwhore and bandmember - thanks for bringin the RV, it was a nice place to chill, specially when it got cold!

corey and sarah - always cool to see you guys.

professor paisley - nice of you to wear your court outfit for us ;)

schwowzers - i'll be sure to bring some hotdog buns for you to snack on the next time i see you. Oh, pleeeeeeeeeeeease bring me my scarf!

there are so many other things to say and shout outs to make, i know there are, but memories are hazy at best for chunks of the night.

What a nice practice run for 24....bring 'er on, I'm ready!

p.s. not to dwell on the negative, but god damn keri, that sucks about the alcohol.

and LADIES......can I say how DISGUSTED and disappointed I am?? The ladies bathroom was fine around 8ish (am), and by 10 it was TRASHED. How hard is it to flush?? How hard is it to not pee everywhere, we're girls, we get to sit down. I was so grossed out that I had to use the men's bathroom, which wasn't perfect, but useable. Damn Chatham with it's bright sunshine and flat, bushless, treeless landscape.

Keri- I just wanted to tell you and Becky that I had an absoulutley wonderful time at your party! If there is anything I can do for you guys(hugs,money,love...) just let me know I would love to provide it for you! I love you both soo much your wonderful people with good hearts, and I look forward to seeing you at CTMF...

Shwah- I know pipes are special but it was an accident and me and Carey well buy you ANY one you want cause we feel so bad (especially me...talk about bad pipe karma:) So please dont let it bother you anymore well make it up to you I promise!!! I;m a clutz....

Karin- I think your grey sweater ended up in the trunk of darcys car somehow..so anyway I have it and well keep it safe for you untill CTMF It was relly awsome to meet you sister. and you have a place to stay with me anytime you want to come to ontario.

thank you to all them american folk who made it up here! It was soo great to see everyone from new years, that weekend really made an impression on my mind and i missed all of you... So glad its only a few more weeks till may 24....

Thnks again everyone for yet another awsome great energy party.. I love you all!!

Too bad such a dark cloud was cast over what I'm sure was a wonderful night of music and friends. Sorry to hear about that KK......it's hard not to let that bullshit overshadow your hard work - but keep it up - your making this world a better place by promoting the music we all love!! And although this is of little consolation, we all know Karma's going to come back at take a chunk out of those fuckers.

Wish we could have been there to enjoy and share in the moments

if you find the perpetrators i will put aside my vegan convictions and eat them after basting them in barbecue sauce and cooking them on a rotisserie. mmmmmmm yummy theiving jerks! or wait, i could make jerk jerk! jamaican cuisine with a side of sadism! woo hoo.

see ya'll in less than two weeks at ctmf! yea!

tribal, the "friend" was a-ok after a nap. totally coherent. i swear tim horton's puts miracle sirum in their products.

if you find the perpetrators i will put aside my vegan convictions and eat them after basting them in barbecue sauce and cooking them on a rotisserie. mmmmmmm yummy theiving jerks! or wait, i could make jerk jerk! jamaican cuisine with a side of sadism! woo hoo.

I wouldn't eat the brains, though - they don't have a very good track record.

indeed, avoid all brains and nervous tissue. as was figured out in an earlier thread, human legs in cross-section look like marbled steak! mmmm....

and to add to the list of things missing, my snare drum never made it home. it was last seen sitting in the hall by a departing diesel dog. it's got a white top, silver sides, a clear bottom head & has a loose screw bouncing around inside it (much like me).

if anyone's seen it drop me a message...

Have you guys talked to the Diesel Dog kids? There's probably a good chance they grabbed it...
yes...they saw it but left it. i've e-mailed keri as well, just trying to cover all bases. and as far as i know, the gypsy snare curse only works near toronto :)

ok. then we're going to have the benefit show to replace the stuff that went missing :)

i'm just hoping that all the missing hoodies and cameras and blankets and stuff are floating around out in head-land and will filter back to their rightful owners over time. CTMF is going to start off looking like a swap meet :)

It's official, there will be no more shows at the schoolhouse. I just can't take this nonsense.

That really really sucks!!!It just takes a couple of brain dead losers to wreck it for the rest of us!!!I really hope that you don't let this stop you Keri from hosting another party in the future!!!I know how you feel man,i had a few field parties with diesel dog(jacobs ladder at that time)playing a few years back and my cousin had a shit load of cash stolen from his car!!! }:( It makes it hard to want to trust people again!!!

oh my god... what the eff happened that morning. I didn't go to sleep... I wasn't too effed up... how did all this shit go missing???

It's official, there will be no more shows at the schoolhouse. I just can't take this nonsense. :(

don't take things personally Keri... someone screwed up, purposefully or not... but that someone wasn't you... I think everyone else who was there will be more that willing to help you get back anything that went missing over some time

lesson learned that come a certain time of the night a lot of stuff has to get tucked away... its too bad but some people are fucked up and think they're getting ahead pulling something like that

but the big thing to remember is that you rocked a whole lot of people's worlds that night... it was simply amazing... I'm sure Bill Graham lost some gear and cash in the early years

if you can make it to Hamilton Fri night for the Bus I've got a few of your drinks and such for ya (think there's a few other folks who'd be happy to pitch in to cheer you up)... be nice to party you up without you having to worry about anything and shake it off

thanks for such a beautiful and memorable party buddy, you're one of a kind

and on the good news front, my snare drum appeared in the pile of gear in george mouse's van. so there's one less item on the MIA list, hopefully the other missing items continue to appear...

don't take things personally Keri... someone screwed up, purposefully or not... but that someone wasn't you... I think everyone else who was there will be more that willing to help you get back anything that went missing over some time

lesson learned that come a certain time of the night a lot of stuff has to get tucked away... its too bad but some people are fucked up and think they're getting ahead pulling something like that

but the big thing to remember is that you rocked a whole lot of people's worlds that night... it was simply amazing... I'm sure Bill Graham lost some gear and cash in the early years

what he said. you are an awsome dude for putting on such a bash, we will cheer you up at CTMF for sure...see you then!

I've remained silent on this post as I was sure everything would work out for the best, and You know what? I'm still sure that it will.

The karma that Keri has coming to him for all that he gives will be reaped for years to come. Spreading smiles, and good times are like ripples and it really does make a difference in our "scene" and in the bigger world around us.

Don't ever give up hope Keri K...you do good work!