Jambands.ca

Frickin 'Fantastic Movie!

Ms.Huxtable

YES!!!! this is even one of those rare movies that is still amazing, no matter how much it's hyped up before you watch it.

dang, i freakin' wanted to watch it right over again after the first time i saw it.

and if you are getting it on dvd and you are into special features, check out the feature titled "an essay by sarah(? i forget her name, something or other". it's a mini-interview with the girl who is the voice of violet, and it's quite funny. she's definitely a... shall we say "unique" individual. :: unique in a good way.

The Incredibles director Brad Bird is a major talent. If you want to see a better movie that he did a number of years back, check out the animated masterpiece The Iron Giant. It never got the studio push it deserved, and holds up well compared to Disney's best from any era.

I saw The Incredibles a few days ago and I loved it.

Best part is when the Mom turns into a boat and the boy is running on the water, I laughed my ass off.

Another movie to see is "Wake Up Ron Burgundy" I don't know if it comes as a box set with Anchorman or if it's seperate, but it is all the stuff that was cut out of Anchorman, made into a full-length movie. Focuses more on Ron obviuosly and I thought it was even funnier than Anchorman if that's possible.

The Incredibles was pretty good, though of last year, the obligatory computer Animated movie, I thought, was Shrek 2.

Though, still, what the incredibles did was NOT play the movie as too kiddy, which is a refreshing change from all the other Computer animated movies... like, oh, Robots. There's a movie to steer clear of... oh, the animation's nice... but compared to the Incredibles, or... even... I dunno, A Bug's life (which was pretty kiddy), Robots' plot and story will have you leaving your local theatre, destined never to return.

Another movie to see is "Wake Up Ron Burgundy" I don't know if it comes as a box set with Anchorman or if it's seperate, but it is all the stuff that was cut out of Anchorman, made into a full-length movie. Focuses more on Ron obviuosly and I thought it was even funnier than Anchorman if that's possible.

I don't know what I missed/am missing, but I didn't think Anchorman was the least bit funny...

I thought Anchorman was pretty funny, not the funniest I've seen lately but pretty goo, however Wake Up Ron Burgundy has very little of the love story stuff and focuses more on the funnier elements and expands on them. If you thought Brick Tamland (sp?) was funny in Anchorman, you'll probably pee yourself watching this one.

I have to point out that I don't know how much it could be enjoyed without the intended audio and video technology.

I'm sure the Incredibles would suffer without the huge 5.1 digital sound and a large hi-def display.

I went through the THX setup and everything and I must say, I felt like I was in a movie theatre for it. It has to be...HANDS-DOWN the best DVD home theatre experience I have...well...experienced.

I went through the THX setup and everything and I must say, I felt like I was in a movie theatre for it. It has to be...HANDS-DOWN the best DVD home theatre experience I have...well...experienced.

The audio on all the extended LOTR's movies are the best I've ever heard. The best audio for a concert film by far is Led Zeppelin's recent DVD.

The Incredibles director Brad Bird is a major talent. If you want to see a better movie that he did a number of years back, check out the animated masterpiece The Iron Giant. It never got the studio push it deserved, and holds up well compared to Disney's best from any era.

Quite agreed. Brilliant Ted Hughes story; Pete Townshend did a similarly neglected album around the story (and also later backed the film as exec.producer) which is reasonably listenable; the John Lee Hooker bit is nice.

I'll check it out for sure...without too much expectations...

Has anyone seen Ice Age? I just caught the very end at Bears the other night. Now its not Ice Age I'm going to go on about but in the end when you have all the ops to see extras and cuts and stuff...well there is a short tottally unrelated to Ice Age called....hmm...The Bunny or The Rabbit...its about this old Bunny woman, her husbands passed away, she's old and alone and it's essentially a story about her being collected by angels to join him.

Now admittedly my grandma passed this past summer and I just found out my Granddad has cancer and not much time and I'm utterly choked....but OH MY GAWD! Its so beautifull, charming, funny, sad...I was tottally embarressed because in the end I was absolutely SOBBING!...it is easy to make me cry but it realy is touching. I SO RECCOMEND seeing this little beauty...only about 15 minutes long...absolutely moving! I don't know much about Ice Age...Bear and Damada seemed to enjoy it but I'll rent it solely to see this little short again without a doubt. :) The directors commentary is worth watching first.

BTW-if yas catch this just wait till see ol' Bunny woman move with her walker....too much! ::