Jambands.ca

Forum problems

bouche

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
For some reason I can only have 5 participants in a private topic but I've heard that you can have up to ten....?

Its says "You may invite up to 5 members" when you start a new private topic (under the box you enter the participants in), perhaps its somthing that has to be set by the admin.

For some reason I can only have 5 participants in a private topic but I've heard that you can have up to ten....?

Sorry Sugar...I think that is a permission that I have yet to set. 5 isn't enough for most private message reasons.

I've set it to 10 for all registered users.

It's not a problem per se, but I noticed last night (and this morning) that jambands.ca now includes at least one ActiveX control. I can't figure out what it's needed for (everything looks the same), but since I like to have such things disabled, I'm wondering if I need to have it to make jambands.ca work properly.

Aloha,

Brad

It's not a problem per se, but I noticed last night (and this morning) that jambands.ca now includes at least one ActiveX control. I can't figure out what it's needed for (everything looks the same), but since I like to have such things disabled, I'm wondering if I need to have it to make jambands.ca work properly.

Aloha,

Brad

where and how are you noticing this? I'm not aware of any ActiveX anywhere. Unless it's related to the Amazon links. They are iFrames. I'll have to read up on iFrames.

I have IE set to prompt me as to whether I should allow an ActiveX control to run, so whenever any jambands.ca page gets loaded, I get a message box asking if I want to allow the control. I've been saying no, and so far, haven't seen anything not work.

Aloha,

Brad

where's my shout box?

why can't my sidebar be on the right?

The shoutbox didn't seem to be necessary for the hits the pages can take. I'm trying to figure out the best way to feature the sidebar as it can actually be very useful with the right information on it. The right sidebar is visible on the main portal page still.

I have IE set to prompt me as to whether I should allow an ActiveX control to run, so whenever any jambands.ca page gets loaded, I get a message box asking if I want to allow the control. I've been saying no, and so far, haven't seen anything not work.

Aloha,

Brad

That's interesting, because I'm using Firefox and I don't think it even HAS activex without a plugin. I know that unnecessary system popups (like 'do you wish to debug this page') are very annoying. I'll ask some real experts ;)

Aloha,

Brad

It's not the iFrame (amazon links). I removed them and tried out IE and I got the activeX request. hmmm...Google isn't supposed to be activeX either. The banners are generated by php. this is odd.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...