Jambands.ca

Forum problems

bouche

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just wondering if anyone else has the google ads while reading the forum? I have a large one spanning across the board,right above the "New Topic" icon and below the "Location:Main Index >> Forum Index >>General >> Cavern" icons".

Not a big deal,just I didnt have them appear before today.

Yes Bouche

I ment logged on I can't see the Avitars but when logged off I can see them.

There is a setting in your profile. Click 'My Fusion >Control Panel' and there should be an option to hide/unhide avatars. That's probably what it is.

not really a problem...but the sidebars...every time you load a new page they have to reload...is there any way they can be stored into some sort of cache?

it'd save time and CPU effort i would presume.

sorry about using the shout box to try to explain frustrations with the layout of the site.

it'd be nice if they were just a bit wider too.

and the calendars idea? let me know if you think it could be a good user feature...it'd be good for the promoters and production companies as well.

easier professional look.

I seem to get logged out on a semi-regular but random basis (like at least once a day' date=' sometimes more, but not at any particular time or time-pattern). At first I thought that it might be because I'd been logged on but inactive for x-amount of time, but that's not it, either.

Not really a huge problem, but I'm curious to know if this is happening to others as well, or if there is a particular reason for this (other than that no one really wants to hear what I have to say anyway).[/quote']

Did you check the little box that says "remember me" at login?

When you're inactive for a certain time period, your session will time out. However, I don't know if that affects your login persistance.

I'm not actually leaving the site... I just leave one window on the site all the time, and check periodically.

The weird thing is, I *don't* get logged out when I don't check for 12 hours, but sometimes I *do* get logged out even though I was just refreshed the screen five minutes earlier.

• 2 weeks later...

the load times can certainly be affected by things like that shoutbox. there's definately more dynamic stuff happening and that affects speed.

I have been looking into ways to get a dedicated server going. If anyone has any way of helping to get a dedicated server going for this site, I am all ears ;)

the load times can certainly be affected by things like that shoutbox.

For what its worth,I had load time problems after the new format was introduced on both my desktop(P2) & my laptop(P4) but once I turned the sidebar (shoutbox & whatnot) the problem was gone.

Today I am experencing weirdness.

- the board isn't marking theads as having been open and read, alternately.....

- .... they are showing new responses to threads that I cannot see.

- there is a bit of a delay between my sending the post and it appearing

- I keep getting the symbol for unread PT's when in fact I have read what is there.

I logged out and back in and it is all still happening. Havne't tried the "Mark all Read" function but that's not what I want to do anyhow, thanks for the idea though.

Just thought I'd point these things out. None of these were problems last week.

Hey bouche,

Just a heads up.I tried to report a post in the bit torrent forum (my Vorcza thread) and I keep getting errors when trying to send a reason.

I can't edit it either.

I just wanted it deleted since the show is on archive now with the fixed track theres no need for a torrent link to be up anymore.

Cheers

When you're writing a post in a normal/public topic, and hit the "Preview" button, you get to look at the post before it goes into the topic, and there's an "Edit More" button to allow you to make changes after previewing, but this doesn't seem to be there for private topics: after previewing, all you can do is post what you've written, then go edit the post.

In the preview of a private topic post, though, there's an empty button beside the "Add Post" button, where "Edit More" appears for public topics, but it just seems to add the post.

Aloha,

Brad

Everyone is going to laugh at me for this BUT:

I don't know what i've done but my Jambands page is now loading with huge ugly fonts and i don't like it. It isn't my internet settings either becaue all other pages i visit are in normal small font. Can you please tell me how to fix this. I've tried a few times and can't find the font options for the page.

Thank you.