Jambands.ca

Forum problems

bouche

For some reason whenever I am on the main Cavern page, it displays threads from 3-4 days ago, once I refresh it all updates. If i go into another thread, leave the page and come back, anything it goes back to 3-4 days ago forcing me to refresh again and again.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike,

I've talked to some people who've checked-out the redone Jambands site and they are critical of the Main Page. They all wondered where the CD Reviews section is. It seems that the Forum doesn't mean anything to them, so they don't click on it. Maybe you could add something to the Forum icon that would be more helpful in directing people - something on the lines of a pull-down menu.

It's a little awkward to find or click on the Forum Index if you don't know what the Index entails.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just want to thank bouche as well as anyone else, cause I'm assuming he's the maintainer of all of this and it shouldn't go without being appreciated. Great way to the spread word on the band and talk about the things that kinda mean something. SOunds cheesy ahh well I think I met someone to do with this site at the Duo @ el mocambo. Anyone have a copy of that?

thanks dude

rich

"I'm not here to save the world; I'm just here to help the neighborhood!" Rick Danko-

check out www.massiverecordproductions.com clcik artists and mustashat

also www.archive.org and......................get updates on shows so actually come out this time around!

OK, here's a weird one. I pasted a rather long URL into a post, and it looks like an extra "%20" (which is used to represent a space in a URL) is getting inserted in the URL after the post gets submitted (or previewed).

Weirder, the "%20" seems to be getting inserted at the place in the URL where the line break in the text box that comes up when you place the mouse pointer over the URL; in other words, it doesn't have anything to do with the way the post itself is formatted (or its line breaks), just with the way that pop-up text box handles it. Maybe if it were a bit wider, it might be OK?

Aloha,

Brad

Hi. I'm having problems accessing the change password page. thanks

There was a problem loading this page:

Invalid query

File: /home/jambands/public_html/sanctuary/usercp_password.php

Line: 55

SQL Error: Unknown column 'info_security_q' in 'field list'

SQL Error #: 1054

SQL Query: SELECT info_security_q,info_security_a FROM fbb_user_info WHERE user_id = '2046'

• 3 weeks later...

Phishfart, are you trying to post photos stored on your computer (like in a My Pictures folder or something similar) or are the pictures hosted on the web somewhere? Click on the picture and find out what it's property is. They need to start with http:// and usually end with .jpg. Once you have a photo with this type of property, click on the mountain looking icon and copy and paste the url into the box.

Hope that helps and that I haven't told you stuff you already know.

Can't get quoted text to work in the cavern. Works fine in other forums (tested it in Rich Stadium)

see here for example of quotes not working: http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showpost.php?post/272129/

Anyone know what's happening?

AD

I don't think it's happening for me. I previewed this post, and your quote showed up fine. Do you see it as a quote, or is it messed up for you?

Aloha,

Brad

Can't get quoted text to work in the cavern. Works fine in other forums (tested it in Rich Stadium)

see here for example of quotes not working: http://www.jambands.ca/sanctuary/showpost.php?post/272129/

Anyone know what's happening?

AD

I don't think it's happening for me. I previewed this post' date=' and your quote showed up fine. Do you see it as a quote, or is it messed up for you?

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

Works fine in this forum for me, but not in the cavern.. I'm gonna go try there again

AD

• 2 weeks later...