Jambands.ca

x

Joan

I did some checking, Hux, and found out that you were, in fact, the first person in "the scene" I was in contact with. You posted an ad about wanting an under-30 female singer for your jamband, and I responded that, while I was over 30, not female, and didn't sing, I would love to be in a jamband. You politely turned me down, but told me about a band called "nero" that I should check out.

Later that very night, I met Davey Boy for the first time on the bus on the way home from DMB, and he said I should check out nero. I took hearing about the same new band twice in one day as a Sign, and went. The rest is, as they say, hysterical...

Happy Day, Hux. When's your next gig?

Aloha,

Brad

Side bar - BradM, didn't we meet through Arcane at an SI Xmas party in 98 or 99?

Hmmm...you're probably right (the parties were at the Chateau Laurier, IIRC, and I'm sure I was at at least two of them), but I don't remember knowing of any connection between you and "the scene". I'll therefore let you, Hux, and Davey Boy duke it out for who wants to take credit (or respnsibility...) for bringing me in.

Aloha,

Brad

Like Brad, I got introduced to a lot of the scenesters through Hux...we met back at the Millennium Bureau of Canada, and once I heard that he had a crush on Bobby, well, I was intrigued, if not a little scared. It's also because of him that I've got this Larry tag, though I blame that on his anti-semitic "all Jews are neurotic bacon-eating good lookers" thing.

Thanks for the good times, and have a good one. I'll try to get one foot back in the scene so we can down some jager again soon.

Sorry for the belated wishes Huxy. I hope you enjoyed the celebration.

I could thank you for a million things. You introduced me to the Grateful Dead, because of you I started singing again (now I can't shut up!), you were a true friend to me on so many occasions, you stood by me in some rough times and offered your couch when I smoked too many bongs, you've given me thousands of laughs, and you wrote some beutiful songs and let me sing them.

It's all those things I try to remember when you're an ass. ;-) (I kidd, come on!)

I love ya and miss you. Show your face some time okay?

Wow - so many kind words from everyone, thanks everybody! I really appreciate every word, I think jambands.ca birthday threads are the new wookie organic-prozac!! Hell, most people don’t get this kinda love expressed outside of their funerals, what a great reminder of the awesome people in our scene, through good and bad times - we have a good thing going here people, let’s always remember that!

I had an amazing birthday weekend in Halifax with Megs, lots of surf, turf and then more surf, thank you darlin’ for a wonderful time as usual, you are the best! Friday’s poll with the Liberals up was also a great gift (Meagan’s face when I kissed the Globe and Mail was also pretty funny).

Bradm – I remember that email! Wow, a lot of the Ottawa crew kinda came together at once, I didn’t realize I was around before you – crazy! Larry, hope to see you soon, it’s been too long, booche/lynny/mshux/bouche – love you guys, my roomies – thanks dudes.

I have been trying to get a new musical project going recently, and have had some hang-ups, but I hope to be back out there real soon.

Side bar - BradM, didn't we meet through Arcane at an SI Xmas party in 98 or 99?

That would be correct, sir. I'm amazed that anyone recollected this since BradM and I are rather inconspicuous people.

(You may stop laughing now.)