Jambands.ca

Ok, So BBQ season is here...

fluffhead77

and I think we should get some tasty recipes/dishes kickin' up in this joint to spread the love, n'aw mean?

I'll start with one of my favorites...so simple, but SOOO tasty...

wash and trim a good handful of some fresh asparagus. finely chop 2 cloves of garlic, one meduim shallot (or chives work nicely as well) and a small handful of parsley. place asparagus on a large piece of tin foil, cover in garlic, shallot, parsley. Squeeze juice of 1/2 a lemon over all, drizzle about 2 tblsp of extra virgin olive oil. add a dollop of butter for extra flavour. Season with fresh ground pepper and sea salt. Wrap that bastard up tightly and grill for about 8 minutes per side, or until the asparagus os soft but not mushy to the touch. soo good as a side with any dish...

now it's your turn....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We do Aspargus right on the grill. Drizzled with oil, garlic, pepper....tasty!

PORK! PORK! PORK!! Homemade BURGERS - full of cheese & onions.

Sliced Potatoes wrapped in foil, covered in oil, parmesan cheese, oregano, GARLIC........mmmmmmmmmm

we might purchase a Broil King Regal 20 soon....it cooks food soooo nice - you'll cream your jeans...GUARANTEED!!!

peppers, zucchinis, carrots, purple onion, broccoli, tofu (or "MEATTTT!!!!" if you're a fan)...all chopped up with a bit of oil and sprinkled with Montreal veggie spice (or an MSG-free alternative from your local health food store). Wrap those babies up in some foil and throw them on the Bar-B!

I like doing kabobs on the BBQ.... Shrimp, Veggies, Beef, Lamb, Chicken.... MMMMMM!

The simple tried-and-true method of marinating steaks and chicken breasts is still my favourite though. Tonight I'm marinating a chicken breast in some fiery jerk sauce, grilling it up, and burning the insides of my mouth with it. Delicious.

AD

portabello - with an asiago/ artichoke filing?

What is in the filling? Sounds delish

I dont remember exactly (as i didnt make it) but i think it was artichoke hearts, asiago, garlic, sour cream mixed and pureed.. asiago is so friggin good. Rubberdinghy is a bbq enthusiast/expert, so he always grills to perfection- i usually burn to extreme toughness.

WHOA WHOA WHOA - why cover up the taste of a good steak with bbq sauce?

Good bbq sauce doesnt cover up the taste of a good steak it enhances it!!!

Hp..Diana's..Bulls eye..a1...all examples of Great bbq sauce for your bbq'in pleasure

Well..I guess for some its a season..myself,I BBQ year 'round so I never seem to be excited about it all that much.

My favourite on the BBQ is a musk ox roast on the rotisserie,or even musk ox burgers.I usually get one or two roast a year from a friend in the Yukon.

Caribou loins are another favourite,but usually we just grab those from a butcher near Guelph,he always has awesome moose meat & buffalo steaks.

I'll never ruin a steak with BBQ sauce unless it's a 99 cent "must sell and eat today special.

The best cut of beef IMO is the flank. You can marinate it in soy/OJ/chili sauce/honey for a day, and then sear it and serve rare. It has a beefier taste, is cheaper than striploin, has less fat and is one giant slab and thus way more fun to cook and serve. Good in fajitas too.

Some favorites:

1. Asparagus on the grill with lots of sea salt and pepper

2. Charring peppers (red, green, hot), taking the skins off and either serving as is or chopping the hot ones and adding to a burger mix

3. The potatoes in foil thing too

4. Freeze tofu, then thaw and toss with bragg's. Coat with nutritional yeast and grill.

I have to agree with Jaimoe (I've been doing that a lot lately). Nothing goes on my steak but simple spices, Montreal steak spice or Mike's amazing concoction of water and cayenne pepper. The water deposits the cayenne throughout the open pores of the steak and then evaporates leaving a beautifully seasoned steak.

I thought it was weird at first, that my steak would be watery or too spicy, but DANG. Best steak secret ever.

We've also been on a bison binge lately. Bison steaks are to die for.

Mike did a couple duck breasts on the BBQ as well and they were perfection.