Jambands.ca

Is everyone a jerk this week?

Deeps

It's been a strange week kids.

It seems that every 3rd comment on the board is pointed and geared to agitate someone else.

I had a friend go to a show on Tuesday.

The band took the stage and I suppose the lead singer was a little put off with the noise coming from the back.

The man says "Those of you in the back, you keg steak house people need to know that some of our music gets quieter at times."

The entire audience is put off by this and the general vibe just starts going way downhill. In my friends words

"the whole room was surly for the rest of the night everyone was short with eachother, it got to the point where you felt like you had to misbehave."

Between this weird event and the board's fiesty-ass ways this week I'm wondering if people need a vacation or something or just need to not take every single opportunity to lay into eachother, or need to hit the bong and unplug for a while.

Dunno ... just trying to get to the bottom of the weirdness...maybe if you don't have any other evidence of super negative vibrations you can just throw some nice words in this thread to combat what's been up. If you do have evidence that something in the world is out of whack then offer it up too.

Le Deeps

Edited by Guest

I plan on hitting the bong and unplugging as of 3:45 today, my friend. I will report back on Monday fresh as a daisy. ;)

Really though Deeps, I see what you mean. It's not just the board (although it's been more overt here due to the disassociation we have from each other...dang computers). Odd though, the full moon was last week. :P

Yeah, seems that way and the answer appears simple.

Some like it hot and some sweat when the heat is on

Some feel the heat and decide that they can’t go on

Some like it hot, but you can’t tell how hot ’til you try

Some like it hot, so let’s turn up the heat ’til we fry

All the heat makes me think of Do the Right Thing. We sure could use another blackout to take the wind out of some of these sails.

I know for my part I've been short and a bit cranky, but I chalk that up to work and all sorts of other background stresses. I wonder if more generally it's not end-of-summer resentment piling up in people. I was thinking how I haven't had a "summer off" since I was 15. They say (you know, them) that in hunter-gatherer days, the average working day was about 4 hours long. I'm still waiting for this computer age to bring in the 3-day working week like they promised us all through public school.

Whinge whinge whinge... ;)

Short & Cranky??? LOL! I kinda thought you were Tall & Mellow...

Yah, another black-out would be great...but waking up this morning, the air was cool and the humid-ditty was all gone from Smogville. Awesome bike ride in with little traffic.

Even though it's been one hot & sticky summer, I'm not complaining as last summer just sucked. Seemed like there wasn't two days in a row with good weather.

Who knows then. There's something to be said for pasting a smile on the face, whatever your mood, if only for the effect is has on passing strangers. They're contagious that way.

Homer: "Just squeeze your rage into a bitter little ball and release it at an appropriate time. Like that day I hit that referee with a whiskey bottle. 'Member that?"

Okay, here's something that might put a smile on those faces that are suffering from heat & stress...

A precious little girl walks into a pet shop and asks in the sweetest little lisp,

"Excuthe me, mithter, do you sell widdle wabbits?"

As the shopkeeper's heart melts, he gets down on his knees, so that he's on her level, and asks, "Do you want a widdle white wabbit or a thoft and fuwwy bwack wabbit or maybe one like that cute widdle bwown wabbit over there?"

She, in turn blushes, rocks on her heels, puts her hands on her knees, leans forward and says in a quiet voice, "I don't fink my pet pyfon weally gives a thit."

All the heat makes me think of Do the Right Thing. We sure could use another blackout to take the wind out of some of these sails.

I know for my part I've been short and a bit cranky, but I chalk that up to work and all sorts of other background stresses. I wonder if more generally it's not end-of-summer resentment piling up in people. I was thinking how I haven't had a "summer off" since I was 15. They say (you know, them) that in hunter-gatherer days, the average working day was about 4 hours long. I'm still waiting for this computer age to bring in the 3-day working week like they promised us all through public school.

Whinge whinge whinge... ;)

I tottally agree about the work week thing. And though this has nothing to do about music... and I don't really know anything about music (shit from another thread)... I will try to steer this thread back to a musical relation. Damn skippy we should have 3 day work week. As a promoter I'm lickin' my chops... they can come to the shows!!! Maybe even on a Tuesday!!!!

And more people will play in bands... and have more time to get good... and the audiences will be big, and people can make money in the industry instead of just giving it away cause they love to do it. But what do I know?

~W

I'm just noticing more and more instances of 2 people 'having it out' in a thread about something entirely different. It's also usually the same few people involved as well, which gives the illusion that EVERYONE is in a bad mood.

I was just reading the CODETALKERS thread and was completely flabbergasted by the bitchfest between del and beats. I don't have the time to stop this crap which ultimately is distracting from the original topic about the Codetalkers.

These kinds of exchanges NEED to go into private topics or emails. I've warned in the past about locking threads when they get off-topic but I just can't keep up, and it's unfair to the original thread poster to lock their thread because of IMMATURE e-argueing.

What is with the fetish of telling someone they are an idiot in a post that isn't about them? OWNING someone seems to be the goal, and that's what kids do on message boards. It has to stop here and now. I'm probably going to have to draft some sort of rules list soon and pass it on to moderaters. Rules that aren't followed can easily lead to temporary bans.

Okay all you bastards...now you've gone and pissed off Bouche...that pisses me off!

Here's something for Ms. Hux and all the other ladies to smile about and forget all the jerks that are out there...

Marriage - Part I

Typical macho man married typical good-looking lady and after

the wedding, he laid down the following rules:

"I'll be home when I want, if I want and at what time I want and I

don't expect any hassle from you. I expect a great dinner to be on

table unless I tell you that I won't be home for dinner. I'll go hunting,

fishing, boozing and card-playing when I want with my old buddies

and don't you give me a hard time about it. Those are my rules.

Any comments?"

His new bride said, "No, that's fine with me. Just understand that

there will be sex here at seven o'clock every night......... whether

you're here or not."

(**** SHE'S GOOD!)

Marriage (Part II)

Husband and wife had a bitter quarrel on the day of their 40th

wedding anniversary!

The husband yells, "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone

that reads: "Here Lies My Wife - Cold As Ever."

"Yeah?" she replies. "When you die, I'm getting you a headstone

that reads: "Here Lies My Husband Stiff At Last."

(HE ASKED FOR IT!)

Marriage (Part III)

Husband (a doctor) and his wife are having a fight at the breakfast

table. Husband gets up in a rage and says, "And you're no good in

bed either," and storms out of the house.

After sometime, he realizes he was nasty and decides to make

amends and rings her up. She comes to the phone after many rings,

and the irritated husband says, "What took you so long to answer

the phone?" She says, "I was in bed."

"In bed this early, doing what?"

"Getting a second opinion!"

(YEP, HE HAD THAT ONE COMING, TOO!)

Marriage (Part IV)

A man has six children and is very proud of his achievement. He is

so proud of himself, that he starts calling his wife, "Mother of Six"

in spite of her objections.

One night, they go to a party. The man decides that it's time to go

home and wants to find out if his wife is ready to leave as well. He

shouts at the top of his voice, "Shall we go home 'Mother of Six?'

His wife, irritated by her husband's lack of discretion, shouts right

back, "Anytime you're ready, Father of Four."

(RIGHT ON, LADY!)

Marriage (Part V) The Silent Treatment

A man and his wife were having some problems at home and were

giving each other the silent treatment. Suddenly, the man realized

that the next day, he would need his wife to wake him at 5:00 AM

for an early morning business flight. Not wanting to be the first to

break the silence (and LOSE), he wrote on a piece of paper, "Please

wake me at 5:00 AM." He left it where he knew she would find it.

The next morning, the man awoke, only to discover it was 9:00 AM

and he had missed his flight. Furious, he was about to go and see

why his wife hadn't awakened him when he noticed a piece of paper

by the bed. The message on the paper read, "It is 5:00 AM. Wake up."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men are not equipped for these kinds of contests.

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a

rough draft before the masterpiece.

i'm as a happy as a the little pig i saw rolling around in the mud yesterday at Riverdale Farm :)

I'm laid-off...wahoo! summer holidays!!

Cuff The Duke played a free show and sang a bunch of their new tunes earlier this week...booyakashaw!

I ride my bike everyday..everywhere :) :)

I just woke up and it's noon..hell ya!

man, life is good here in the T-dot

enjoyed some smiles, CoP -- thanks! And you may have just inspired me to change my signature line:

God may have created man before woman, but there is always a

rough draft before the masterpiece.

Deeps -- this "place" is weird and absolutley can get you down and feel oppressive. Alternately it can engage and brighten up one's day.

Whether sh!t on here or in meatspace is getting you down, try not to take in too deeply what you find upsetting. Remember, we can never change/control another peron's mood, just our own.

Since I *occasionally* need to 'bitch-torrent' myself, to let off steam, I try to accept that need in others. I always hope, though, that when words spoken out of turn do hurt, they are retracted in saner moments!

peace

Deb

They say (you know, them) that in hunter-gatherer days, the average working day was about 4 hours long. I'm still waiting for this computer age to bring in the 3-day working week like they promised us all through public school.

I've been reading much human evolution the last couple of years. Basically every technical breakthrough we've had from farming to computers has actually increased the workload for the average human being. When the europeans first came to North America they found these native tribes living in the deserts who were described as the worst kind of humans ever "discovered". Little better than dogs. Just lazed about all day long. But these people knew every plant in their environment and exactly when it was going to produce for them. They were able to sit around all day because they knew what to do and when to do it. Unlike our society where we have a goof like G-dubbwa who tells the American population that the best thing they can do is go shopping. In other words it doesn't matter what you produce or consume just keep it going.

Drives me crazy. Probably why we're all so uptight. Just running around in circles all day making money but not necessarily accomplishing anything in the greater scheme of things.