Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha, never knew that about nilan dinghy. too bad he never got his shot at All star MVP.

Cherry actually makes some good points from time to time and I though he made a few last night.

blah blah blah - not so much of a good point.

whos wiser? ;)

Edited by Guest

yeah...those were the days I was a hardcore habs fan...then those two infamous events happened... Patrick Roy--and my beloved Ottawa Senators!

The Habs still hold a tiny piece of my heart. (sorry sloth...it is tiny though)

What the F????

There is NO WAY you were a hardcore Habs fan. A hardcore fan does not change teams. Even if an expansion team comes to town a hardcore fan would not change. Sure they may cheer on the local team but they would bleed their original love.

I have more respect for Leaf fans who live and die with their team.

Maybe you were just a Patick Roy fan. There is an easy way to figure that out. Did you cheer for Colorado? If not you should never claim to be a hardcore fan.

I know I don't know you Dinghy but seriously hardcore... NOT !!!! :)

Fine...you can remove the hardcore from that statement. I did not cheer for Colorado. Perhaps I was a fan of the greatest goaltender ever to play this game. I was deeply hurt the day that Roy was humiliated in Montreal. That should not have happened. He had a bad game.

Anyways.....I am a sens fan now, have been since I was at the first game on Oct 8 1992 at the Civic Centre. The NHL was now in my hometown. The Ottawa Senators were now my team.

GO SENS GO!

;)

Fine...you can remove the hardcore from that statement. I did not cheer for Colorado. Perhaps I was a fan of the greatest goaltender ever to play this game. I was deeply hurt the day that Roy was humiliated in Montreal. That should not have happened. He had a bad game.

I take responsibility for that happening but thats a whole different story and better told in person.

I was out all day... What did I miss?!

Hehe, Cherry had me going with LeCaviller being the best player in the League... had me feeling bad... but I heard what Coach Murray said... he gave Zdeno a shot, and went into the pile... Zdeno, for the kind of abuse he takes that doesn't get called, should be able to let out his frustrations at sometime during the game... clearly he 'owed' Vinnie something and wouldn't let him get away until he gave it to him. Cherry just can't fully support the Sens, this was his attempt to let out his frustrations... nevermind completely ignoring Redden and how impressive his return was... had to pick on the Slovak, support a whining Tampa Player, and ignore a heroic Canadian player on a Canadian team... bitter beans.

The Neil thing... should be interesting, but the only team that would really care would be Tampa, and if we eliminate them, then who cares... I mean he doofed them in to 7 minutes of Penalties in the third... my only regret, the game wasn't closer, and Tampa's stars got a rest...

Still the big change in game three was that Ottawa was going to go to the tilt, and not give them any space... Tampa was high flying setting up neat little 2 ft passes to wingers flying up the ice... the Ottawa defence would sit 4 ft back in the zone, and that's where everything would unravel... in Game 3 though, they would just throw their bodies in there, and quite frankly, with the intensity the 'Ning have been playing with... they have just run out of steam... Havlat is clearly playing at a different level, and we just have too much for them right now... But it's the playoffs, so I'd like to call Zamboni on every thing I just said.

:P

GO SENS

I LOVE Playoff hockey...

You know what else I love... seeing the Sens CRUSHING the hopes and Spirits of Tampa Bay Lighting in the 2nd period. And that vacuum of sound which followed the 2nd Havlat goal.

Tampa was a shawdow of the team in the third that they were in the first. St. Louis quit, Boyles not getting and Oyxgen to the brain, and only Artyukin is young enough and dumb enough to keep trying when the rest of the team threw in the towel in the 2nd intermission.

GO HABS!!!

sens250.jpg

I have a feeling it wont be all "Smiles und Sunshine" in Sens land in the next week. :) I think game one for the Sens is next Monday regardless of how quick other series wrap up, so it could be productive for me round the old office for a change.

It also gives a week to ponder these questions... will the Ottawa crowd boo Mr. Ceries? Will they work on building a crowd behaviour which rises above moderately-luke-warm, or will they continue to politely watch the game as if it were a tennis match?

It also gives a week to ponder these questions... will the Ottawa crowd boo Mr. Ceries? Will they work on building a crowd behaviour which rises above moderately-luke-warm, or will they continue to politely watch the game as if it were a tennis match?

hillarious. id say this is why they persist with the thundersticks.. has to be noise coming from somewhere.

Yeah, they definately 'know' when to yell and scream when there is an obvious stimulant... like a goal or a win. But I've seen too many good hits go undrewarded, and too many 'obvious targets' for the other team go un-verbally abused. Far to many lulls from a crowd for a team that's supposed to be unparalleled in terms of skill, ability and toughness this year. Wake up Ottawa, it doesn't get any better than this. Consider this kinda like your Barmitzvah.

That being said... I'm not quiet when I do get to go to the odd game. I'm not sure it's coincidence, but I've gone to 6 pizza games (Thanks Tampa! 03-04)... yeah... it's all about me!

Loudness of an arena is determined by both the magnitude, and the duration of the cheering of the crowd. God love the Leafs fans for their dimwitted behaviour... even when down 8-0 they can still find something to scream and get excitied about... same scenario in Ottawa, you'd could hear a pin drop.

Wake up Ottawa, it doesn't get any better than this. Consider this kinda like your Barmitzvah.

The people I know that went to the game on Saturday had headaches from the noise until Sunday night.

It does get better than this btw... I'm not planning on hitting any playoff games unless we make it to the final 2, but there's gonna be a parade down Bank Street and I'll be pretty vocal there I bet.

I think Ottawa is plenty awake for the playoffs.