Jambands.ca

Lou Barlow - CDN Fall Dates...

shainhouse

and is touring WITH dinosaur jr this time around...

07/17/05 - Sun Phoenix Concert Theatre Toronto, ON

also appearing: Meligrove Band

TICKETS ARE AVAILABLE HERE

08/20/05 - Sat

The Showbox Seattle, WA

Also appearing: Alaska! & Love as Laughter

Onsale Now at Dinosaur Jr. Ticketing

This show is 21+

08/22/05 - Mon

Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC

Also appearing: Alaska! & Love as Laughter

This show is 19+

looks like a hot ticket for those into indie/lo-fi

I started listening to my old copy of 'bakesale' (sebadoh) recently and am glad I did. awesome songwriting. too bad this stuff didn't catch on. Not as balls out as nirvana but I saw that being the new pop when i was younger. Would've inspired an ENTIRE generation to make more music...

that's just my opinion of course.

Edited by Guest

08/22/05 - Mon

Commodore Ballroom Vancouver, BC

Also appearing: Alaska!

I caught Alaska! when they opened for Sebadoh in Hamilton about 2 years ago or so at the Underground, worth pointing out since their name came up. They put on a great show and I've always meant to seek out their one (and only?) cd. The band lineup is basically Folk Implosion without Barlow, but their set that night was perhaps the most rocking. (This is the same night that Lou Barlow played like a 2 hour set, got pretty drunk, and was smoking joints onstage at about 2:30am).

(This is the same night that Lou Barlow played like a 2 hour set' date=' got pretty drunk, and was smoking joints onstage at about 2:30am).[/quote']

This never ever happened. ;)

Side-note: no Hammer show this time. Tried for a matinee gig the same day as the Toronto show but no go.

It's unfortunate there will be no Lou Barlow headlining show in Southern Ontario. The Toronto show is a 40 minute opener's slot for The Posies.

Hahahah, I know it happened. I think I used the wrong icon. That show went til 3:15am. We locked the doors at 2:30 to privatize the 12 song encore.

Oops, I missed the winky man there. :) That was a great night, I must say. Intimate to say the least, Barlow was getting pretty cozy with the audience and taking pretty much any request that came at him. I forget what song it was, people were getting up onstage and playing with him, one guy from the crowd even jumped onstage and played the kit. He must love Hamilton (if he remembers!). Hamilton loves Lou Barlow thats for sure.

DO catch a solo show if he comes to town. I've seen him twice solo, as well as 3 times with bands (Folk Implosion and Sebadoh), and I really love his solo acoustic shows. He basically plays any requests, and tons of old stuff, as well as hilarious covers (Cold as Ice, Run to You, etc.). He's playing solo in Montreal on this run so I'll go to that.