Jambands.ca

Burt Neilson New Years Eve Party @ Mavericks (Ottawa)

Mavericks

I'm tracking out the recording from last night. Does anybody know the full song titles for these ones listed above?

* Mute >

*RR

Open Fields

Organ Slow

F5 > F2

clav #4

Some of these might be the actual full titles, but I have no idea. Let me know, thanks!

mute is correct

RR is Routine Red - both are from jer's solo record Olmer that came out earlier this year. awesome to see them bust some of that out!

i think the full title of "open fields" is "open fields and skies"... no idea what the rest refers to.

man, the burties were incredible last night! so so so so so very incredible! thanks for kickin' 2005's ass out the door! so many great moments all night, heavy duty jams... heavy duty!!!

as always, ottawa treated us like gold.. you guys rule all kinds of ass... till the next time!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, I think I figured it out. On the set list I got from the band, "Mute" had a little star beside it, with a line that went down to the end of the second set's list, where it read

organ slow

F5 > F2

clav #4

which I think is 'ersh's (keyboard) notes for how "Mute" is supposed to go, rather than individual songs.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

I was all ready to let ya in on that but by end of the thread you got it Brad. My notes... how embarassing. :o

What a great night.... too much fun for sure. Looking forward to the next year and beyond and beyond. It's been a crazy month and I couldn't have dreamed of a better way cap it and 2005 off.

Thank you Ottawa!

Jeff

Oh man, TomFoolery, I'm so embarassed. I remember trying to have a conversation with you but just being too messy to talk.

Sorry dude.

What a blast. Thanks BNB for yet another night of dancing and debachery.

And thanks to all the wonderful friends, old and new that make ringing in the new year so damn much fun.

My computer cacks out at 1.54 G of the download.

same here.

i havent unzipped the file yet, so im not sure whats missing.. but if all the flac's are there, no problem... also, im gonna try the ftp site when i get home tonite, maybe i'll have better results that way. maybe that could work for you, too?

from the sounds of all the posts, there were a lot of message boarders here on NYE who i didn't get to meet! i hope to next time.

it was awesome meeting those of you i did meet, it's so nice to have faces to recall when reading posts :)

happy new year everyone! and thanks again burties and party hosters! this ontario place is pretty kickass i must say.

:D

For those having trouble downloading the show, i think archive.org is having issues lately. Probably with all the increased traffic on their site for people downloading the countless other new years tapes that have been added for other bands too. Hopefully it's working now, or if not, shortly... cheers!

I would like to personally thank Mavericks for putting on one fuck of a good time. You kids work it. Excellent showing this year. Cheers.

I always say I am so close to being done with the bar scene, which I seemingly am, but Mavericks always draws me back. Hope ya'll tipped those bartenders well, they fucking have to bust their ass when we invade. There's your hint to getting 'quick' drinks.

I was surprisingly sober on NYE. Something was amiss. Pushing 40 and staying up til 5:30am the day before will do that to you, but having witnessed some mammoth shows the last few years in Otown, a hole developed I longed to fill. Burt had some big Cinderella's staring them in the face. If it could all stop at twenty eight, life would either kill me or show me the key. Thankfully, both happened and I am lucky enough to have survived, minus the past 2 or 6 days, depending on your count.

Firing off with Strange Companion and Yellow Pants, that voucher for the gagger came in handy. It was a toast to them as much as it was to us, even though I decided to cheers no one. The front section was flying and the bass laser section is where it was at for the first set. I imagine most of the evening would entertain itself there. Unluckily, I never made it back over that way even though the first set was a complete gem in that spot. Jeremy pounded us into submission during These Days and the fast ghost-like jam that followed itself through By The Door. At this point, any team could make the playoffs but Yesterday's Gone won the cup. These are my notes:

Yesterday's Gone > meltdown > laser-smoke > melodic jam > Morning Cold > Happy New Year

Fuck me.

You had to be there. I cant imagine the tapes capturing that magic. I have never seen the visual beauty at Mavericks as I had during that sequence. There was a perfect usage of lights during it's segue, not too mention the obvious ending energy. In The Belly was an exceptional call from a band that obviously knows how to please their audience.

Setbreaks are always unique, in that they tell you how high the band got you. I was riding a wave that brought me into the company of one Papa'ersh. Talk about tripping! You think you have met Uber Fan? I will raise whatever you bet. He's a walking Burtbase with a solid handshake, minus the setlists. If he refers to you as "insane", you had better listen. He's looked through our eyes and seen the other side, that which most of us are looking for. Those ten minutes speaking with him equalled the entire set.

"Thank you sir, may I have another?"

What I had forgotten, and most obviously, was the prize giveaway. Hell, at this point, I also realized there were whore dovers. FOOD! PRIZES! DRINKS! MORE BURT!

WOW!!! Finally the fog is beginning to lift in my little pea head!

Thank you to everyone who made this NYE my favorite yet!

First things first BNB rocked!!! Thanks to them for kicking my ass!

...and wow the fun that followed...skipped a whole day in style with some awesome folks. (Thanks for not sending me away when "they came for me" perhaps you should have :) ...and although I seemed miserable upon my departure I had a blast I just couldn't muster up speaking energy)

Great to meet some new people and put some faces to names.

Hope to see you all again real soon!

****Biggest thanks to Dave and Deb you guys are such wonderful people and excellent hosts can't wait to see you again. Thanks for putting up with us crazies the entire weekend!!!AND Kaidy Mae for the ride***** Hopefully the Rickster and Rhonda will be back around soon!

THANK YOU TEAM OTTAWA!!!!!

What a fantastic night... I couldn't have asked for anything more. I'll echo a lot of previously stated sentiments in that it was great to see everyone out and about, from all walks of life.

Thank you to my dear BNB boys.. love ya all to bits... and to "that place" & it's darling hosts for the afterparty... and to everyone who made me laugh, dance & brought such spark to the eve.

And, as well, a HUGE thanks to Maverick's... never in all the travels w/ those boys have i met more gracious and accomodating staff / owners than the Maverick's crew. 3 cheers to them & to all you lovely folks for such a great kickstart to 2006.

xoxo

Mary

soo.... to 2006 - - the year we get our fix? ;) meet hot chicks? ;) what were the rest of 'em??

oh yeah, and BASS LASER woooo yeaaahhh

(couldn't resist!)