Jambands.ca

Jerry news

Davey Boy 2.0

I've been dreading this news for quite some time.

while not quite dreading it, i'm highly suspicious of the kid from malcom in the middle acting as producer...

oh well, movies are rewriting history on lots of fronts. they've now hit on an area that lots of us will take personally if they screw it up too badly :)

as far as I know the Cause of Death is correct.

what is lacking?

Not being argumentative, just wondering what you mean?

Davey Boy knows where I'm coming from. I don't want to start a big fuss here either, but I was always under the impression that - while there were certainly other factors involved - it was Jerry's continued excessive drug use that really allowed those factors to bring about such an untimely death.

sure, yes. the generally accepted line of reasoning goes that Jerry had bad health habits attributed to drug abuse - not caring too much about what food he ate, exercise, smoking way too much etc.

and yes he died while at a drug recovery center.

but let's be clear: it was death by heart failure.

Even Robert Hunter speculated later on that even had the drug treatment (finally) worked on Garcia, he still would probably have suffered heart problems as a result of his poor life habits.

they talk of a man who on the road would have a meal bag with a garden salad and bottled water on top, but look underneath and he'd have hidden a steak sandwich and a coke.

agian, don;t want to sound too defensive. It's probably ironic dude didn't die of a drug overdose, but still, he didn't.

Sleep apnea was a very big problem for Jerry (from one of them bios I read), and it is life threatening.

That is just the first I've ever seen as an official cause of death for sure.

Now....that Reese character is hilarious. I am surprised that in real life, the guy who plays Reese isn't a complete idiot. If he really is smart and normal, he is also a comic genious actor.

Which one is Reese? The military school one who went to work for the German rancher or the next one down who's still older than Malcom.

Reese is the idiot that runs off stimuli rather than thought. although, his one talent of gourmet cooking contradicts that assessment.

young reese:

malcolm.jpg