Best band names

Velvet

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
I think you mean Dayglo Abortion.

I could have sworn they were called Daigle's Abortion based on the controversial abortion case in Quebec in 1989.

I was told the current line-up for Dayglo has two guys I went to school with (a year below me), according to a friend in BC who knew some of their crew but for the life of me, I have no idea who or if its true.Not that it really matters either...

Best band names: (a couple of my favourites)

The Band

Old Crow Medicine Show

I could have sworn they were called Daigle's Abortion based on the controversial abortion case in Quebec in 1989.

I don't know about that seeing as they were around before 89.

Says at Allmusic they formed in 1988, but I recall listening to them in high school & that was pre-1988 for me...

Re:Pianosaurus Rex - I suspect they got their name from a children's dinosaur-shaped plastic piano - I've had two of them in the last few years and always taken them with me to hillside and referred to it as Pianosaurus.

I already mentioned "..and you will know us by the trail of dead" but in a similiar vein I do like "Godspeed! You black emperor". I also thought that Maestro Fresh Wes made good use of syllables.