Jambands.ca

Best band names

Velvet

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AH yes, Daylo Abortions! I still throw them on every once in a while when I'm feeling nostalgic. I saw them some time ago in Windsor. There was no stage at the bar and the singer would puke on the floor every now and then. That didn't stop myself and a few others from randomly singing into his mic with him. Punk! I guess when they played The Embassy in London they stayed in the apt above the bar and left behind a little "present" which was discovered weeks later. They had taken the back off the tv and shit in it and left it there to stew. Punk!! (not to mention idiotic!)

I remember a similar thread a while back... tungsten mentioned a band name, which has really stuck with me...

"CUNT FUCKULA"

I was once in a band called "Rescue Mission." We only ever played once but did manage to make an ALBUM out of it! :D

I got a good laugh when I heard the band name "Me First and The Gimmee Gimmees"...

made me laugh when i finally listened to one of there CD's too.

never thought I'd hear Stairway to heaven as a punk tune.

I still throw on Dayglo Abortions once in a while for a laugh too.

Guyana Kool-Aid

This band was from Kingston in the mid to late 80's and eventually morphed into The Pariahs, at the time, a rival of The Hip in Kingston. I think The Pariahs are still around in some form.

Yup, ran into them at the Bovine a couple of months back. I always thought that name change was a bit regrettable.

I've always liked the name Mental Floss, though I suspect more than one band has glommed on to it.