Jambands.ca

Best band names

Velvet

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ha! poo poo ca ca and the bum bums! funny stuff!

I just remembered about this little punkinsh band I was in back in gr. 9. well, 'In' isn't realyl appropriate... they let me hang out and write songs for them. I used to be the singer but was replaced. We were called: "GUANO" I wrote 'These Are the Things we Should not be doing' which was sort of a rip-off of "proud to be a Canadian" by Dayglo Abortions. I also wrote "Thrash March," which totally kicked ass! There was actually some excellent talent in the band, except for me and the replacement 'singer'.

Heres two more bands from the "More Stupid Initials" category I used to listen to.

S.O.D (Stormtroopers Of Death)

product58321923jp.jpg

And then Billy Milano split & formed

M.O.D (Method Of Destruction)

15064ob.jpg

:D

Don't forget M.D.C. (aka "Millions of Dead Cops", "Metal Devil Cokes", "Multi Death Corporation", "Millions of Dead Children"... depending on the album, of course).

Hey Esau, you know SOD and MOD are the same band, eh? (Perhaps with a lineup change, but I'm not sure.)

Checking out noise bands at wikipedia I came acroos some pretty interesting band names! Lots of body parts. Zoiks!

Tan as Fuck

Suckdog

Sixteen Bitch Pile-up

Scissor Shock

Roxanne Jean Police

Rectal Surgery

Nuclear Pig Shit

Nurse With Wound

New Faggot Cunts

Needle Sharing

Gimp Nipples

Flying Testicle

Bubblegum Shitface

Brighter Death Now

Hey Esau, you know SOD and MOD are the same band, eh? (Perhaps with a lineup change, but I'm not sure.)

Well, I guess they are the same band if you mean Billy Milano was in both.

S.O.D formed by Scott Ian, Charlie Benante & Dan Lilker (Anthrax) who asked Billy Milano to sing for them.They got back together for one (failed album) in 1998, but since have parted ways after a falling out over a VH1 Behind the scenes episode.

M.O.D formed by Billy Milano and never had any members of S.O.D playing in it.

I dunno though, I don't feel ABB & Gov't Mule are the same band, but Warren did play in both.

Don't forget M.D.C. (aka "Millions of Dead Cops", "Metal Devil Cokes", "Multi Death Corporation", "Millions of Dead Children"... depending on the album, of course).

I used to listen to M.D.C also, a cousin of mine from BC turned me unto to them when I was in my teens.

D.R.I (Dirty Rotten Imbeciles) were another one.

D.O.G (Death Of God) I used to catch in Hamilton opening up for Problem Children alot at a punk bar on King Street called "Teaser's".

Elvis Hitler

Ugly Americans

Two more I think I still have cassettes of..LOL

Nurse With Wound is legendary. It's mainly one guy, and he has stayed home since the late 60's and made a point of not listening to ANY music since then so that his music can be without current influence. He releases an album every few years, recorded at the house.

Or something like that.

I just wanna say that I am officially taking the name:

Daigle's Abortion

Consider it yoinked!

I personally like:

Nashville Pussy

Rasputina

The Banana Hammocks

7 Year Bitch

The official stupidest band name that i have ever heard belongs to an ex-beau of mine from my old art schoool days. His band was called "Laughing Sam's Dice". In grade 10 they thought it was the coolest since the initials stood for LSD. I saw him 10 years after the fact and his band had actually gotten pretty big in California. They still have the same stupid name. (Sorry Ollie, but it's stupid)

Edited by Guest

I know it doesn't exist, but there was a Simpsons episode in which Homer was watching one of those "funniest home videos" shows, and one of the finalists was "Baby With A Nail Gun", which I thought would make a good band name, especially because it has a great acronym: BWANG.

Aloha,

Brad

I just wanna say that I am officially taking the name:

Daigle's Abortion

Consider it yoinked!

I personally like:

Nashville Pussy

Rasputina

The Banana Hammocks

7 Year Bitch

The official stupidest band name that i have ever heard belongs to an ex-beau of mine from my old art schoool days. His band was called "Laughing Sam's Dice". In grade 10 they thought it was the coolest since the initials stood for LSD. I saw him 10 years after the fact and his band had actually gotten pretty big in California. They still have the same stupid name. (Sorry Ollie, but it's stupid)

7 Year Bitch was great, although my favorite name from that crop of bands was The Lunachicks. Laughing Sam's Dice was actually taken from an obscure Jimi Hendrix B-side , "Stars That Play with Laughing Sam's Dice" (STP LSD). I know it wasn't an actual band name, but I loved Jack Black's proposed band name from High Fidelity : Kathleen Turner Overdrive.

Best name of an all female band I've seen : Nice Rack

RnB

Hey Esau' date=' you know SOD and MOD are the same band, eh? (Perhaps with a lineup change, but I'm not sure.)[/quote']

Well, I guess they are the same band if you mean Billy Milano was in both.

I dunno though, I don't feel ABB & Gov't Mule are the same band, but Warren did play in both.

I stand corrected. I thought they were essentially the same band. I didn't know there was only one member in common.

(I agree that the Allmans and Mule are not the same band; and weren't even the same in the early days of Mule, even with Warren and Allen Woody being from both. )