Jambands.ca

The Man in Black, "I Walk the Line"......

YearsAlongTheSea

I'm all over it too.

Incidently, the film's portrayal of Cash's first wife has come under critisism from Cash's daughter from his fisrt marriage. That daughter said that the film wrongly portraits her late mother as a shrew who hated Cash. But even Cash's daughter liked the rest of the film.

I'm kinda worried about he casting myself, but maybe I'll be surprized. I REALLY wish they were using Johnny Vocals though, it's disapointing that they're not.

after seeing one of the videos, I was happy. Reese Witherspoon sounded fantastic. I prefer not using the actual voices. When done well, the movie gets more credibility because the characters being portrayed are easier to relate with. If they went the route of lip-synching, those moments would seem fake.

Well, more fake.

Edited by Guest
Whoops

there's been a lot of talk about reese witherspoon playing june carter cash, insinuating that she's too "girly-movie inclined" to fit mrs. cashs shoes.

personally i think reese rocks.. as much as legally blonde is a "girly girl" movie, reese rocked this flick.. "election" too.

i'm in.

I'm kinda worried about he casting myself' date=' but maybe I'll be surprized. I REALLY wish they were using Johnny Vocals though, it's disapointing that they're not. [/quote']

after seeing one of the videos, I was happy. Reese Witherspoon sounded fantastic. I prefer not using the actual voices. When done well, the movie gets more credibility because the characters being portrayed are easier to relate with. If they went the route of lip-synching, those moments would seem fake.

Well, more fake.

I agree. That's why The Buddy Holly Story has the best music performances of any music bio-pic. The actors, even Charles Martin Smith, played the songs and instruments live.