Jambands.ca

Snow Appreciation Thread

YearsAlongTheSea

Condidering my evening started out with an hour and 45 min drive to a mall to finish x-mas shopping only to get there with no wallet 1 hour drive back, stopped at the friends house to borrow some cash for gas as I won't make it to work tomorrow where my wallet hopefully is.

ouch!

hope you find it

Got it - it was at my desk at work - alls well and ends well oh except perhaps I coulda qualified for the Q107 tool of the day. So much for avoiding the malls on the last weekend before x-mas. Oh well - I work better under pressure yes that's it.

Can't wait to see the pics of our giant Frosty we built...there was talk about building a giant fort around their yard...here's hoping for more snow!!!

My work had its first Snow Day today. That meant our christmas curling party is cancelled, which sucks because I had prepared a skit that roasted each staff member (hopefully to tears). Instead we're stuck on slater st. with lots of booze. So I guess it's not a total disappointment.

This morning I saw three glebeite mommies trying to drag their child's all-terrain carriage through the snow, with not much luck. It was super-awesome.

BTW, Okra Polo, I love the urBock. Had three or four of them while decorating the tree last night. I wish I could still get them in the pint bottles but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

What I really miss is the old Upper Canada Winter Brew. Damn, that stuff was great. I guess Sleeman decided it didn't make them enough money to be worth the bother and dumped it along with my all-time favourite beer: Upper Canada Pale Ale. Ms.Hux would have loved that one.

I saw some guy skiing down the middle of Argyle Ave (for those of you who don't live in Ottawa, Argyle is a side street just of of Elgin, one of the main streets downtown) this morning on my way to work.. that was almost surreal, except for the fact that I also saw 5 cars stuck in snow banks trying to turn off of the main roads (which had been plowed) onto the side roads (which hadn't).

I think maybe today the guy on skis had the right idea.