Jambands.ca

FUNdraiser post-show comments

Big J

Hey Folks!

Great event last night. The best K-W Guelph area Jam event i've been to in a long while. Mark Tonin, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say, Thank you and everyone else involved a million times over for giving us all such a fun night.

Tapers: Anyone got this one? There are many people who would love to get as much of the show as possible.

That was the show of the year for me folks!

...top quotes of the night..

"If you're not here then you're kicked off the board"

and at the after-party on the fittingly titled " ERB STREET " when the police were knocking on the front door...

"Listen up, when the cops show up, stop playing the drums, you stupid hippies!"

Thanks to Backbacon and Tonin for inviting me to come play... it was a blast!!

High Plains Drifter and the CANJAM ALLSTARS

was

Jay "Dawg" Cleary - guitars/vocals

Tony Rage - bass

Adam King (Fat Cats) - drums

Josh Laing (Chameleon Project) - guitar

Summer (Dielsel Dog) - percussion

and Vita swingin' the Poi

It was my plan to be there however the family conspired against me by planning a get togethers than canceled it at the last minute.

It wasn't a complete loss, I did get to see Fertile Ground which was a welcome change compared to all those tired old acts in Kitchener.

i had an awesome time saturday night.. it was good to meet some new faces and to see ones that i haven't seen in ages.. (meggo - i ran into ben mc. from rondeau there.. haven't seen him for years!).. my only regret was not being able to be there a little earlier to catch a few more acts.. but from what i did catch fatcats/diesel/superfly.. these guys ripped it up.. it was a sea of smiling faces upstairs and down and that was awesome.

all smiles from chatham :)

and my fav....someone saying to MaxWebster,
listen, man, when the cops show up again, let me deal with it okay? I just dropped 30 miutes ago...I'm fine...well maybe 45 minutes ago, but I'm fine. really. just let me talk to the cops.

That very well could have been me. I've been known to say a lot dumber things than that however.

That party was a blast. Now I need a FUNdraiser to pay that nasty $300.00 noise fine.

Glad to see everyone made it out to get their kicks in 2006.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE $120 THAT WAS COLLECTED PLEASE TELL ME IT TURNED UP BECAUSE IF SOME FUCKER HAD THE BALLS TO ACTUALLY TAKE IT THATS PRETTY FUCKING SHITTY!!!!!!!!!!! IF THAT IS THE CASE AND YOU ARE READING THIS YOU ARE AN IDIOT - AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

Sorry but that makes my blood boil. Large Marge had the sense to go around collecting some cash and put it down to clean some beer bottles up and guess what...it mysteriously disappeared. Now at the time everyone was a bit tipsy so we spent at least an hour looking for it and there weren't many people there at the time - so we chalked it up to not finding it becasue we were 'tipsy' and hoped that it would turn up the next day during the clean up.

That party was a blast. Now I need a FUNdraiser to pay that nasty $300.00 noise fine.

Glad to see everyone made it out to get their kicks in 2006.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE $120 THAT WAS COLLECTED PLEASE TELL ME IT TURNED UP BECAUSE IF SOME FUCKER HAD THE BALLS TO ACTUALLY TAKE IT THATS PRETTY FUCKING SHITTY!!!!!!!!!!! IF THAT IS THE CASE AND YOU ARE READING THIS YOU ARE AN IDIOT - AND SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.

Unfortunatley as of 6pm yesterday when I had split it hadn't been located and even after we cleaned up, not oo sure if they located it after that though, sadly I feel it wasn't.