Jambands.ca

weird stuff is happening outside...

Birdy

we keep losing power and each time the lights go out, the sky lights up this eerie, iridescent green colour for five seconds or so and then blacks out.. it's happened probably close to twenty times now.

we got in the car and cruised around, watching it too.. the entire town would light up green.

we went to the local 7-eleven, where they're running on generators, to talk to the local townspeople and everyone is commenting on the green skies.

freaky.

it kinda feels war of the worldish.

Edited by Guest

I was sittin at a light in Waterloo last night and the street lights went off then this blue flash across the sky! I was gonna ask a local pedestrian if they say it too just really really strange.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that last night. That was crazy!

i don't want to jinx it for myself, but i can still see parts of my lawn, no major snow here. and i didn't see any weird lights last night but i wasn't looking. however, I HAVE been outside letting the dog out at 3:30-4AM before and it WASN'T a full moon and there WAS cloud cover and it was so light out, SO LIGHT OUT...it was like when the sun comes up and it's kinda greyish still but not so grey, brighter. and i could see this brightness extanding east, and the black night to the west. freaked me out. it was snowing at the time too, i don't know if that has anything to do with it.

nope...no urban glow. the area that was glowing is residential/countryish....there's a car lot with FUCKING bright lights to the west of my property and they don't light the sky on the best of nights, and certainly not that one. this was WAY brighter than the fullest of full moons...with the full moon you can see but it's still black, it's still night, this was grey. my street has 2 or three street lights that have a pale yellowish glow, they illuminate the ground directly under them and leave dark spaces....this was all over glow, i couldn't even see the pools of light under the street lamps anymore.

[color:purple]I was in a grocery store yesterday at about 4pm and the store was right packed full of people. The hydro went out and we were left in pitch darkness. Everyone was freaking out and I couldn't see shit. Finally 5 minutes later the generators came on then I left the store cause none of the cash registers were working.

I went outside and it was almost like a hurricane out there. It was pretty crazy!

I didn't see any green glows in the sky, but I have seen that before when we had the ice storm about 5 years ago. The green glow was from the big generators blowing up from trees falling on the hydro lines.

The Martian Midget Assault Squad will decend on Ontario's Capital.

man..can ya tell this guy just moved up from the States ;)

YATS..you live in Ontario's capital brother (it's called Toronto)

Ottawa would be the capital of Canada, you know the country you live in now! ;):P