Jambands.ca

New forum announcement

bouche

personally think talkin politics in the main area works fine, not like every second thread is political or anything

The idea isn't so much to solve the problem of too many political threads in the main forum as it is to foster more political discussion. This has been the case with the sports forum.

If the forum doesn't take off after a few months then I'd be in support of returning political talk to the main forum.

personally think talkin politics in the main area works fine' date=' not like every second thread is political or anything[/quote']

The idea isn't so much to solve the problem of too many political threads in the main forum as it is to foster more political discussion. This has been the case with the sports forum.

If the forum doesn't take off after a few months then I'd be in support of returning political talk to the main forum.

I agree... REVOLUTION implys VOLUTION!

I agree... REVOLUTION implys VOLUTION!

Ha! I don't know WTF that means ... :laugh:

I'm buying what Ollie is selling too, though ... if it doesn't work, it doesn't work, but probably worth a try. I know that personally I'm very hesitant to start new political threads because it isn't really the mandate of the board, and they probably bother the piss out of a lot of the regulars.

(Plus I've been accused of being the 'Canned Beats' of political threads ... don't take that personally Rob -- I didn't ;))

I know you guys are gonna think 'yea just more BS from Bigges...' but I was thinking this awhile back (Political Board at ca.). I was keeping my opinion to myself. Working more and drinking a lot less might have also played into the silence but...

Forecast potential mindless dribble from Bigges... I am sure you all are pumped.

where's my heady religion thread?

:D! In!

This all reminds me of the decision made at the Ottawa Citizen years back to get rid of the Religion section and spread the religion content throughout the whole paper. Bob Harvey, the Religion editor, is a died-in-the-wool evangelical, so this has suited his purposes absolutely well. Now you pick up the front section and it seems each and every page has something about religion in it (much of which I find kind of dodgy).

So yeah, in the interests of promoting structural differentiation, putting political content into its own forum would make lots of sense (I imagine in this day and age religion would find a cozy home within it). It's entirely possible that the proportion of music content in the main area of the Cavern might actually rise ;).

And in the interests of promoting the cause of anarchy (in the best sense of the word), I submit that there be no moderator for it :).

I'm gonna go eat breakfast while I wait for the beerstore to open.

seems to me like you've got things figured out! :P

my hint/clue as to the "number" aliases.....think in terms of the order in which certain folks left/quit the board in a huff (which board-quitting huff was that, you might well ask!!)

regardless...I'm glad the boys didn't keep their knickers in a knot for too long and that ONE of them is still posting frequently, anyway!!! ;)

my hint/clue as to the "number" aliases.....think in terms of the order in which certain folks left/quit the board in a huff (which board-quitting huff was that, you might well ask!!)

I didn't quit in a "huff". I quit as a joke while I was hammered.