Jambands.ca

Daniel Lanois - tomorrow

bouche

sorry daniel, but you won't see me seeing you tonight! no freakin way i'm going back out in that winter craziness sh*t.

i just got back from an interview, on the way there, i'm trying to walk from the bus stop to my interview, over a bridge. wind is white. seeing nothing. colder than i've ever been before. sidewalk is snowbanks so i'm walking on the busy road. suddenly WHOOSH wind pushes my body out into the road. nothing i can do about it. it's pushing me so hard that i'm running. but i don't want to be running, i just am. it was crazy. luckily, no cars in the immediate area to kill me.

did i mention that it was the coldest i've ever been? no way i'm spending 2 hours outside tonight.

anyway, i took a nice long taxi ride home.

have fun crazy peeps going to the show.

goods to hear you're supportin our boy Wax Mannequin BradM

I know nothing of his music, but Velvet speaks highly of him/them, the bar serves cheap beer, and I want to be there to scope it out for the upcoming Stephen Franke show (which I hope to tape, so want to know ahead of time what'll be possible). None of those things, on its own, would likely get me to the show; add 'em up, and I'm there. :)

Aloha,

Brad

Ollie and I are slowly getting ready to go to Lanois. I brought out my super warm but very ugly winter coat, and winter boots. I think I'm all set. I used to walk in -30 weather with that coat when I worked downtown and I never ever got cold. We also have a water bottle that we'll be filling with alcohol. I think we'll be OK. And I'm hoping the stage will be sheltered from the wind too.

I was outside after work, and realized I'm not capable (esp. when it comes to winter clothing) of handling standing outside in this weather. I might make Wax Mannequin, or the sleep imperative may take over. If I make it out, I hope to see people; otherwise, have fun, everybody.

Aloha,

Brad

I love those vox amps and my god could that chick shake it. I had to bail before it was over, just too cold for me.

One thing I thought was really neat was the video in the lights behind the band. It was the same as what was going on on the two screens but made with just those christmas lights. You could really tell when it was a closup of the drumsticks.

I love those vox amps and my god could that chick shake it.

One thing I thought was really neat was the video in the lights behind the band. It was the same as what was going on on the two screens but made with just those christmas lights. You could really tell when it was a closup of the drumsticks.

Agreed and agreed.

Hey, did you ask me for papers last night?