Jambands.ca

Bluegrass/Newgrass bands in ON?

Blurry

ALthough I haven't seen them for some years now. Crazy Strings used to put on a great show... bunch of talented musicians. They used to have this young kid come out and play guitar with them once in a while too... he played like the wind... don't know his name though.

NOt sure if they still play there regularly, but they used to do a weekly gig at the 'Silver Dollar' in Toronto (above the Comfort Zone). Perhaps the bar has a webpage with a link for them?

NOt sure if they still play there regularly, but they used to do a weekly gig at the 'Silver Dollar' in Toronto (above the Comfort Zone). Perhaps the bar has a webpage with a link for them?

They don't link to a separate page, but

http://www.silverdollarroom.com/calendar.htm#crazy

has the names of the players, and a contact number (for the bar) for info.

Aloha,

Brad

The young kid you are referring to is Mark Roy, an amazing guitarist. I have to say he is playing great but not looking to great these days. Perhaps partying too hard. He is not there every week but was for a couple of years.

Crazy Strings is Jenny Whitely, Joey Wright, Dan Whitely, Andrew Collins, Chris Quinn and Chris Coole and are still a wednesday night staple.

Blair, check out the Tottenham Bluegrass festival. Might be able to get some more info on local acts.

I just bought tixs for the Greyfox for June, great line up...anyone else planning on making the trek?

Blair, check out the Tottenham Bluegrass festival. Might be able to get some more info on local acts.

I just bought tixs for the Greyfox for June, great line up...anyone else planning on making the trek?

I wish I could make Grey Fox, looks like great fest, amazing line-up thats for sure.

Tottenham is a fun little fest, more geared towards family, but a load of fun regardless. Usually a fair number of smaller Canadian bluegrass acts as well some big names show up to, although last one I was at seemed to have alot of "new" country acts playing.

I can't seem to get their website working right now though, but heres the link

http://www.tottenhambluegrass.ca

Hey Babsy!

Here is a link to a thread about a Christmas show that was played by Blackberry Blossum:

Rose Garland / Blackberry Blossum message board link

Dave Matthews, guitar player in Rose Garland (and Blackberry Blossum), is a fabulous player.

I was playin' a little music with Rusty from the Clysdayles last night. Actually, I'm not sure if they still call themselves that or not. I know that Rusty is still playing with Tim from the Clysdales, and another guitar player, but I'm not sure if it's the same band or not. I'll ask him the next time I see him.

Hope to see you soon ... like a week from today for Tigger's party!

Peace, Mark

I was playin' a little music with Rusty from the Clysdayles last night. Actually, I'm not sure if they still call themselves that or not. I know that Rusty is still playing with Tim from the Clysdales, and another guitar player, but I'm not sure if it's the same band or not. I'll ask him the next time I see him.

Thanks Mark, I knew someone else on here would know who I was talking about. Say hello to those two guys for me eh. Haven't seen Rusty since CTMF last year & I never seem to cross paths with Tim anymore so if you could pass along my contact info (email), it would be appreciated. If you wouldn't mind that is.

Cheers

I was playin' a little music with Rusty from the Clysdayles last night. Actually' date=' I'm not sure if they still call themselves that or not. I know that Rusty is still playing with Tim from the Clysdales, and another guitar player, but I'm not sure if it's the same band or not. I'll ask him the next time I see him.

[/quote']

Thanks Mark, I knew someone else on here would know who I was talking about. Say hello to those two guys for me eh. Haven't seen Rusty since CTMF last year & I never seem to cross paths with Tim anymore so if you could pass along my contact info (email), it would be appreciated. If you wouldn't mind that is.

Cheers

Will do Greg ... I should see Rusty in the near future, and I may see Tim at the arena at some point while my son is playing hockey.

Peace, Mark

Blackberry Blossom and Creaking Tree String Quartet (who have been described as 'chamber grass,' which I think is quite fitting) need to be at CTMF!

HERE HERE! CTMF has a Bluegrass free past and it needs to change pronto.

Another group is the Clumbsy Lovers, actually from the States (Indiana?) but make appearances in Toronto from time to time.

Edited by Guest