Jambands.ca

sore throat remedies...help me, please!!!!

Calamity Jane

Gawd, I'm dying here. Pounding back the Buckley's as the dose allows, sucking ice and popsicles, having mint tea.....anything else I'm missing?

I'm in extreme pain and can barely swallow. Was hoping to feel better by today. MD appointment finally booked for tomorrow, but desperate NOW!

I really hope I wasn't "Patient Zero" at CTMF!! :(

But it's interesting that I certainly shared more bodily fluids with Dave than anyone else and he's not sick. I think I'm forced to admit, I pushed my body a little too far this last weekend!

I've got a homemade elixir combining saltiness and sweetness, that works wonders... an organic *ahem* syrum, if you will.

The problem, however, is that administering the proper dosage can be quite awkward.

:cool:

Just keep suckin those popsicles, I guess!!

:);)

for real tho- hope your feeling better soon!

I swear by zinc lozenges. At the very least they provide very real temporary relief. These can be found in any drug store or health food store. Just be cautious, because there is a maximum daily dosage.

{{{{health & relief}}}}}

Wishing you all the best CJ!!

:(. It's more of a full-body thing than just the throat. At this point she'll be happy to keep the coughing away long enough to get any sleep longer than 20 minutes at the rare stretch (and this on top of the predictably sleepless weekend at the CTMF).

Thanks for all the suggestions; please keep 'em coming. Here's hoping the doctor or just the simple passage of time will make things better by tomorrow. :(.

Um...play with your toes!

first of all, this sounds like fun ( if you wont die of ticklishness..then i would feel really bad!!)

secondly, in reflexology, the throat is mostly on the pads of your toes, and your big toe, and lymph nodes are at the base of the toes.

there's your reflexology lesson of today!

also, i've found that licorice root tea ( can get at most natural food stores) is soothing!

and sleep is number one!

hope you feel better! even though people got sick, still sounds like CTMF was a freakin blast!

hope you're feelin' better this morn!

Hot Peppers, (you can use pickled or fresh) put them in everything you eat (not tons but just enough to make you sweat). plus my favorite one cayenne pepper, lemon juice, a bit of honey. I just fill a shot glass about half way start with only 1/2 tsp of cayenne (it might make you tummy a little turbulent for a couple of minutes but that will pass) it will really heat you up and stimulate the nervous and immune system. Good luck. Lots of baths with Epsom salts 2-3cups for 20minutes and add a cool rinse after as cold as you can tolerate with out getting chilled. After that at least 10 minutes of bed rest of just go to bed your body will re-heat. Make sure you drink plenty of H20 before and after the bath.

Take care, all the best.

you are all so wonderful!!!!

HEARTFELT THANKS!!!!

I posted this request and then crashed (or tried to) at about 6:30 last night.....racking coughs that make me feel like I've broken a rib or two made deep sleep an impossibility...but finally somewhere past midnight, it started to turn less severe. Definitely feeling more positive today that I'm beginning to heal (rather than continue to just get worse and worse!)

I'm taking many of your suggestions....I'd make an interesting case study, I'm sure, as I'm combining many of the options!

my favourite pick....and soon to be acted upon....a hot jaccuzi with epsom salts, letting the jets do the reflexology!

peace & love