Jambands.ca

Dating and age difference...

badams

the best is that she'll think you're "cute" and "odd" in your tastes and references...the worst is that she'll come to believe you're a creepy middle-age dude whose peers don;t want anything to do with him

wow, talking like you've been there!

My last two exes were significantly older than me, Fourteen and twelve years. (I used to like to bug Mark that he had furniture older than his girlfriend.) It was fun for a while, but after some time passed I realized that there were many things in life I wanted that they didn't. Also, I realized that we didn't really have much in common. Basically it comes down to what you like to do now and what you want to do later. Make sure it's not just a physical attraction or something else equally superficial. What aspects of your personality does she bring out and vice versa?

Basically it comes down to what you like to do now and what you want to do later.

good one

i definitely concur. and i've definitely dated some geezers. while the idea of someone with so similar a perspective as you, coming to that perspective while taking a different path that was a different length might be fascinating, it definitely comes down to what's further down the path, the likely hood of you branching seperate ways is higher than say, with someone in your generation.

given that, love is mysterious, why not give it a shot? besides, if you were 10 years older, would you really be questioning it? you'd hit that shit the first chance you got.

There is a twelve and a half year difference between TOdd and I, and we've been going strong for four years now, and getting hitched next year. I won't pretend that it doesn't have its challenges, but hey, what relationship doesn't?

When I was in Australia at age 23 I was dating a 37 year old.....

I'm not sure my parents approved but it was all good cause he was extremely young at heart.

Then I figured out he was a little crazy and ditched him when i got home.

I say if you are happy and having fun....GO FOR IT!

the best is that she'll think you're "cute" and "odd" in your tastes and references...the worst is that she'll come to believe you're a creepy middle-age dude whose peers don;t want anything to do with him.

Subtle.

Hard to know what to make of a thread like this. If you're 65 and she's 53 it also means she was sperm when you were 12.

who cares as long as you're having fun and enjoy each other....

funny though - an ex of mine was at least 8 or so years older then me - one day I'm with him and a friend of mine my own age, a song comes on the radio and I quite innocently say ohhh I remember this song at one of my first boy/girl parties, my friend agreed, ex looks at me with a distorted - almost disgusted face and said "I was banging girls to this song"

quite humorous.

but yes IMHO stop dwelling and start enjoying!

Thats what i like about them highschool girls. I get older, they stay the same age.

wooderson54blogbl3.jpg

I have been laughing at that line since high-school, also "watch the leather, man"

On an on-topic note, yeah, why not. You like her, she likes you, the worst that happens is that you break up.

Now, don't give it a chance at all and you'll never know what could have been...

Edited by Guest