Jambands.ca

"Can" Jammy's?

AcidNintendoOrgan

GTB is MIA

They're back doing (some) shows, albeit just East coast ones.

http://www.grandtheftbus.com/live.html

Fri.June 9 - Moncton NB - The Manhatten w/ ERMINE $8

Sat.June 10 - Antigonish NS - Chuggles w/ Caledonia $10

Fri.June 16 - Fredericton NB - The Capital w/ The Fussy Part

Sat.June 17 - Fredericton NB - The Capital w/ Jon Epworth & the Improvements

Fri.July 14 - Saint John NB - Salty Jam w/ The Joel Plaskett Emergency

Sat.July 15 - Halifax NS - The Attic w/guests

Sat.July 22 - Rollo Bay PEI - Shoreline Festival

Wed. Aug.30 - Quispamsis NB - Outdoor Ampitheatre (free show from 7:00 - 8:00 p.m.)

Aloha,

Brad

they're not?

I don't know' date=' thats why I asked :)[/quote']

sorry - i assumed you'd heard them before.

Oh I have seen them a bunch of times, but I never categorized them as pop music, I always thought it was "rocktronic"...but maybe "rocktronic" is pop?? What do I know...

all we gotta do is start claiming that this dude is coming back...

There we go! We can come up with an arcane mathematical deduction based on some obscure chronology gleaned from Dead lyrics, and set the whole thing up to gather on top of a mountain in the Rockies somewhere on some specified date. Best part is, by that point in the proceedings, people will be bound to forget why we were there in the first place.

all we gotta do is start claiming that this dude is coming back...

There we go! We can come up with an arcane mathematical deduction based on some obscure chronology gleaned from Dead lyrics' date=' and set the whole thing up to gather on top of a mountain in the Rockies somewhere on some specified date. Best part is, by that point in the proceedings, people will be bound to forget why we were there in the first place.[/quote']

well, it's mound to happen sooner or later. and if nothing else the holidays in jerryism are likely to be much more fun than your traditional religious observances...people will be coming back for seconds at communion :P

The Canadian jam awards idea has definitely been tossed around a number of times over the last 4 or 5 years. At one point a few years ago it seemed like there was enough momentum and enough touring Canadian jambands that it could work, but not now, at least not in my opinion. That could change again though at some point in the future if enough people got on the same train ...

I like the idea of trying to get any Canadian jambands recognized through awards that currently exist, like the Jammy or Juno awards.

A Canadian jamband celebration still makes lots of sense to me ... hmmm, I think that's what some of these summer festivals are about, such as the Come Together Fests, Sunseeker/Shorline/Evolve, and Bonfire, although most of them end up with a regional focus, which can't really be helped given the size of our country. And some of them have moved away from being "jamband festivals" in an attempt to bring in more people and a wider diversity of music. Not to mention the blurry lines and definitions that exist when trying to define a jamband.

Having said the above, there is definitely still a growing number of people, most of them music fans, who visit this web site for music information. So the "jamband" name and label can help as a marketing tool.

I also hope to build on the FUNdraiser show idea that happened in Kitchener this past January, as a way to help things grow further. I'm not sure exactly when or how yet, but hopefully that will materialize when I have more time to devote to the idea.

Peace, Mark

Edited by Guest

I also hope to build on the FUNdraiser show idea that happened in Kitchener this past January, as a way to help things grow further. I'm not sure exactly when or how yet...

Does that mean you are exactly sure where, and who? :)

Aloha,

Brad