Jambands.ca

moe.down review.... :( for real

moe.down was rough.

Friday night imo was pretty bad. Crowd had barely any energy (strange for a first night).... people thought page was good ....for me, it didn't hit the spot at all...he didn't look like he was having a good time, he brought very little excitment out of the audience, and he sat in for way too long....get off the stage already page.

Toubab Krewe was a huge dissapointment....their playing at bonnaroo was way more impressive.

One thing that I hated this year was that stupid fucking generator...the people that camped near me probably know what i'm talking about....but that loud peice of crap blasted the camping area with bright white lights all night... WHY??? what for??? ... it wasn't fun to sit around and chill cuz of the white light...and it was hard to to sleep because it was loud and BRIGHT... who ever thought that was a good idea should be shot.

SATURDAY: ahhh...cold rain and wind for 4 hours... good times. This is where the lack of good bands gets to you. You can't sit around the camp site and relax, and you can't get excited for shitty bands you don't care about....rain just bogs you down. Avett Brothers were awsome though and you could tell really apprieciated the people standing around in pouring rain for them.

moe.'s day set was standard and forgettable....meh.

more cold rain and wind.

snow ridge is officially a mud disaster...totally the ugliest festival enviorment...moe.down used to be so scenic...now its a brown mess. TURN OFF THE FUCKING GENERATOR!!! i'm GOING CRAZY!

moe.'s saturday night set was incredible....the FLOW was a trip.... the WATER with the rain starting as soon they started the song was perfect timing. moe. played so well, the audience was actually loving the rain, as was I. Perfect encore, lots of great people...overall, the only part of the weekend that was well worth it. one of the better moe. shows i've seen.

Guys are shoving potatoes in the generator....stops it for a few minutes...starts agian. i'll kill the man that planned that one...ever seen joe vs the volcano? remember tom hank's job? well, its that kind of lighting.

SUNDAY:

ahhh sunday.....woke up violently ill...not sure why...didn't drink that much (well, alot but still...have had worse) ... couldn't stomach any food, the cold rain/mud got to me...i'm a pussy.

didn't see any music that day....left early.

it was good to get the hell out of there.

u win some, you lose some, eventually, you travel to enough out door festivals, and you start seeing when they go bad.

I hope some of you managed to enjoy yourselves...it was nice meeting Afro Poppa, freak by night and mattm. good times.

Freak By Night is the coolest man alive.

one of the highlights of my weekend:

i was standing in line for the porto-potti and 2 guys from this board were talkin behind me (i knew they were from here because they were talkin about Cully)...anyway

one of them goes "shavin my shoulders" ...(homer quote) ... genius. who was it?

Edited by Guest

We camped next to a group of four hotties. 1st night, one of 'em asks if I want to smoke rock. She comes into my tent, yadda yadda yadda, she's tossing my salad, it's crazy. Whole tent is a fog. I've got about six tenths of this clean shard, swallow half. She licks my cack, sprinkles the rest on it, and tells me to f- her in the butt. I guess this is called "plunging", but I always thought it was BS. Who does this? But here she is and she wants it. So, in it goes. She hollers, like, loudly. Then BAM! the tent fly zips open and two cops come in all hunched over with flashlights. They pull us apart, me with a chili dog. She's laughing. I don't know why. Maybe the shard hits fast that way. I yell something like "Whoa! Courtesy! Two fucking minutes!" The younger cop laughs. The tent smells like crack smoke and a little bit like poop. Turns out that these cops were using infrared goggles and could see us hitting the chubba through the wall of the tent. Well, by this time all they could find was one bowl and an empty baggy. I took a pee in the cop car. I got a lawyer on retainer for 5K. Don't know about her."
This looks like another Dima signature cut-and-paste story from another board. Call me a skeptic...

Of course, yet another theft from the bisco PT board.

Hey Dima it was good to meet you and your friends on the weekend. I bailed early too, left after moe's first set last night. Couldn't take the rain and cold anymore. It was so good to sleep at home last night.

I enjoyed all the music I heard this weekend. I've only seen moe. a handful of times and for my first moe.down it was great! I'll go next year but I really hope it's warm and sunny.

It's ALWAYS FRICKIN' COLD & A GAMBLE for the Labour Day Weekend Weather...anyone remember the second night at The Great Went or Lemonwheel??? Or for that matter most .moedowns???

After GW, I put together an AWESOME festival kit with warm woolies, rain gear and quick & easy to make warm comfort food...ya gotta come expecting Mother Nature to put on one of her classic shows as well...otherwise Dima, ya might as well stay at home in yer lazyboy recliner watchin' a fake campfire on yer large screen TV... ;)

awsome weekend...i loved all the moe shows...

loved meeting a lot of new people (too many to name, but each and everyone of you were awsome...dima, I still owe you some tent pegs :) )

highlights included:

The first set of the 2nd night...Jake from Umphreys came out and played Water and then they did this awsome drum jam with Jake, Vinnie, Jim, Kris (from Umph) and one other person who I cant remember (possibly stephen perkins??) and then right after that Brendan Bayliss came out and they did a killer Rebubula...I was right up front and the entire audience around me was in high gear bouncing up and down...so magical

The day set on saturday was fun for me as well, I always love the day sets, gives me a chance to bust out my bubble gun...hung out with kooky for that one, good times....

Another highlight was Pat Mclinans group doing Tommorrow Never Knows with Rob, good times...

all in all an awsome weekend, It was sooo much fun putting lots of faces to names!! the rain kinda put a damper on things but I love mud and you cant have mud without the rain!!

anyone else slip and fall countless times like I did? good times.

edit to add: chuck the squirrel with al the tumor fucking rob the can for mayor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Guest

my favorite part was driving my 97 accent out through the foot of mud.. and not getting stuck once.

I now have mud where a car formerly was..

oh ya and getting my car searched not only going into the states but also comeing back to canada.. good times. the canadian borders guards are much nicer about it then the US guards.

also good to put some faces to names on the board.

one of the highlights of my weekend:

i was standing in line for the porto-potti and 2 guys from this board were talkin behind me (i knew they were from here because they were talkin about Cully)...anyway

one of them goes "shavin my shoulders" ...(homer quote) ... genius. who was it?

Yes!! that was me - Prost and I had a good chuckle . Did you see 'disgruntled' homer above the VW bus?

AMAZING weekend - After shoreline I knew exactly what to pack and I stayed perfectly warm and dry and had killer boots to rock the mud. Yes the rain was a damper but didn't hinder the fun level what-so-ever. Afternoon set with afro was very fun, umphrey's and 1st moe set Saturday eve in the rain (during Water) with Slave to the Groove was the highlight of the weekend for sure.

Thanks to the ottawa/ontario crew & ohio folks for making the weekend what it was. Also Baj for the ride and all the other fine folks who came out this weekend and braved the weather!

The crime spree on Friday night friggin' blew goats - sorry to everyone who got hit.

I got too drunk but otherwise thought it was pretty damn good. Too bad about the rain, though. One thing that is really neat is the amount of people form up here (from the board and just others from the area) that head down there. Always a friendly face everywhere.

moe. rocks

Moe.dowN RULES even with rain !!!

my fav Moe. set was sat. second set...i was feeling way too good ;)

Umph was fucking awesome leading into it too...

and U Melt melted my ass inbetween, sat. was definately my night!

Finally got to see Moonshine Still after waiting like 2yrs or more...AMAZING

Didnt get to see many skanks...there was just too much goin on :) hope y'all had a blast, I know I sure did!

You call yourself a moe fan Dima, pathetic.

This was my 5th and favorite moe.down. The rain/cold/mud were rough at times but we never let it slow us down. The sets were great especially 2nd set Saturday. The Road > Don't Fuck With Flo > The Pit > Godzilla was the highlight of the weekend for me. God I forgot how much i love this band.

Thanks to everyone who made this weekend awesome and delicious. The Ottawa crew, Ohio crew, Cully Prost and Kooky, Team Moncton, Dmayne, Andy and the rest of our wicked neighbors and all the other cool as fuck people we met in our debauchery. See you at moe.down 8!!

Dog in a Bathtub!

Ahhh yes, what would the days following moe.down be without Freeker's annual novel of a review? A little bit shorter this year, but got the point across none the less.

Joking aside, I was looking forward to reading what you had to say, Freek. It looks as though it was quite a weekend, despite the thievery and bad weathery. Glad to see that almost all those who went had a great time.