Jambands.ca

Loudest Show You've Ever Attended

Kanada Kev

Inspired by blane ...

Loudest for me ... ACDC 1985 Fly On The Wall Tour @ Maple Leaf Gardens.

I couldn't hear properly at school for 3 days after that. Everything sounded dull and there was a ringing in my ears too :P Killer show though!!!! When those cannons came up behind the speaker stacks in "For Those About To Rock" my head almost exploded :)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Edited by Guest

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

little feat opening for george thorogood at canada's wonderland.

was originally thorogood opening for little feat, but sagging ticket sales convinced them to alter the order.

me and dark_starr were up front, off to the right in front of the speaker stack.

my right ear was hosed for days afterward.

good lord...hands down...Government Mule...somewhere around 1998-99 in Montreal.

My hearing has never been the same since.

Earplugs are good.

(ahhh I guess we were at the same show Blane :blush: I'm old memories fail me...I wonder if you turned down earplugs from Marc too...one of my worst moves ever)

Edited by Guest

Motorhead @ The Docks. I wore earplugs the entire night and my head still hurt for days. At one point in time, a few songs in, they screamed, "Is it LOUD enough?" I figured it was a joke as they must have realized we were dying out there. To my shagrin the entire audience screamed back, "NO!!!" It then proceeded to actually get louder. It was really too bad. I've listened to some of their CDs and really wanted to see them live. It was so loud I could barely distinguish one instrument from another. I know that's 'their thing.' It's stupid.

Van Halen ... Molson Amphitheatre 199?

Ringing ears put me to bed.

Michael Anthony is a goof....Bass in the shape of a Jack Daniels bottle 1. 2. the guy has about 5 minutes of solo time....he spends about 4.5 of those minutes with a frickin ultra dramatic church organ patch on his bass.

I'm done.

In June of 2003 (I think) I saw Big Sugar three nights in a row at Lee's Palace. I was a huge fan and probably saw them more than 20 times before they threw it in...without a doubt, the loudest band I've seen. Gordie Johnson's rig consisted of his signal split into two 50 watt Garnet Herzog preamps, each fed to the power section of an Ampeg SVT 300w head, each fed into a Marshall 4x12 cabinet. I can safely say, most times I saw them, Gordie's rig was far louder than the PA no matter where you were standing.

Fuckin ESP over here, AD.

Edited by Guest

Motorhead - The Rockpile Hamilton - 1983.

Inspired by blane ...

Loudest for me ... ACDC 1985 Fly On The Wall Tour @ Maple Leaf Gardens.

Very loud show, especially For Those About To Rock encore. Although, Malmsteen opening was terrible.

Metallica at MLG in 86 was also pretty damn loud.

Jazz is Dead at the Comfort Zone in 1997 or so.

Holy Fuck! it was loud!

Apparently the band couldn't hear themselves on stage so they told the soundman to turn it up all the way. The zone is a small hole anyway with low cellings, and Jimmy Herring was playing out of a 5150 Head with a Marshall stack.

Fuck it was so good musically and so intimate but painful at times. It tore a layer of my brian!\

5150.gif

wow ... a lot of Big Sugar moments. I remember when they opened for Blues Traveler at Varsity Arena (another bday show for me ). I couldn't even listen to Sugar. They were so loud and distorted and the acoustics in that arena were the worst. I felt bad for them. Couldn't distinguish between the sound of anything coming from the stage.