Jambands.ca

Hot Reunion Rumour and Tour

Jaimoe

I'd camp out for tickets for this band. From Rolling Stone:

Quasi-credible Web portal MelodicRock.com is reporting that Van Halen — the original version, complete with David Lee Roth on the mike — will be reuniting for a full tour of the States and “other territories†in 2007. While we were not aware that America is a territory, we are psyched to see the original incarnation of VH in any spot on earth. Of course, who knows for sure if this rumor is true?

The site sources someone “highly placed†in the band’s camp, and the author of the post writes: “While nothing in the world of Van Halen is set until the band walk out on stage, I can confirm that negotiations between all parties have been underway for some time, trying to put together a big 2007 reunion tour.†The writer goes on to claim that he knows for a fact there will not be a new Van Halen record to accompany this tour, which implies that the band will be playing lots of old-school, classic material if this actually happens and is not just another fantasy cooked up by incredibly stoned Roth-loyalists during one of their weekly gatherings in which they read aloud from Crazy From the Heat.

incredibly stoned Roth-loyalists during one of their weekly gatherings in which they read aloud from Crazy From the Heat.

hahahahahhaaha

i saw them in the gary cherone days.... ug. i never thought it was possible to hate Extreme more... Until Cherone was shaking his ass in the same room as me.

Have you heard that quasi-bluegrass band he's been playing with. I think thier called Hayseed Dixie. He doesn't sound bad there, which is kind of besides the point because Van Halen sucks.

Uh, no, Hayseed Dixie does not include DLR. They're just a band that plays AC/DC (and other heavy metal) songs in a bluegrass style.

http://www.hayseed-dixie.com/

http://www.archive.org/details/HayseedDixie

Aloha,

Brad

The playing might be better than most of that era, but I still don't dig that classically inspired soloing with the cheesy 80's guitar sounds. Plus all the spandex. When I hear it I don't think it differs radically from Twisted Sister, IMO.

That's insane. They were the only metal band that mattered at the time. Innovative with a unique approach to rock. Eddie remains one of the greatest rock guitarists ever. He's one of the only shredders that can play with melody.

I remember the sadness I felt outside of Maple Leaf Gardens as Van Halen took the stage inside for their 1984 tour. I couldn't afford the scalpers tickets and walked back to the subway.

I'll go see this show, if it's in Ottawa and less the $80, but only because of the shutout 22 years ago.

I guess my initial Halen excitment was partly due to the fact that I've missed seeing some favourite bands over the decades and will never get the chance to see them again (i.e, The Dead and Johnny Cash - although Cash never left his prime).

I think this will be the last Halen tour with David Lee involved (if it happens). Don't forget that Eddie is a cancer and Valerie Bertinelli survivor.

good lord can't some musicians just let their glorious, but passed, careers die peacefully? Why must every fucking dinosaur crawl out from the shit hole they allow themselves to wallow in, only to hammer away at songs that when played by the artist in their PRIME sound great, but when rehashed some 20 years later sound like

FUCKING OLD MAN KAREOKE!!!!

DIE AGING ROCKERS DIE!!!!!

I used to be a big Van Halen fan in the day/ I saw them live at least 7 times (all with Sammy Hagar). I like Sammy Hagar and I think the ultimate tour would be to see them tour with both. A couple of years ago, Sammy and Dave toured together and they would dis' each other during their sets. I'm sure it would have been a riot. Anyways my point being it was always about Eddie. If Dave was that good they would have named the band Lee Roth.

The original era of Van Halen was one of the only good things about the 80's (and late 70's) rock and roll wise.

What About The Police? Thats who i'd like to see reunite. someone need to tell Sting to get his dick out of his hart and stop polluting the air wave with is vigina sailing shit music.

Edited by Guest