Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, exciting game. Like they said, I doubt Buffalo was too worried about the outcome.

It's a shame they both didn't make it into the playoffs.

Just a little reminder, when you're team is eliminated then you're supposed to cheer the other Canadian teams. Isn't that in the constitution?

Go Jersey GO !!!!

I like how can-o-phish only ever shows up around here after a Leaves win.

Actually I've been busier than a one legged short person in an ass-kicking contest these past months...

Didn't have time to make posts of any sort like when my Loafs lost or won...Raycroft has been a thorn in my side all season and from the get go last night he "didn't look right in the head" so pretty happy they yanked him...

If the Leafs didn't start the 3rd period with the 2 man advantage I think we'd be seeing a different outcome today...I may be a Leaf fan but that doesn't make me an idiot...

Tough one today. These are the breaks when you don't take care of your own business. Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda. Great game last night and it was nice to ruin the Canadiens' playoff hopes. It also saved us from having listen to Booche run off for days on end.

So Kaberle and Kubina and McCabe are all signed to large contracts. So is Tucker, and I'll bet the farm they re-sign Sundin. Its not the worst core of players ever. However, Antropov and Pocohonsky (thanks Cherry) are free-agents, or level two FA's - whatever. Any bets they get re-signed? If JFJ has taught us anything, its that he operates under the mantra: "If it aint fixed, why fix it?"

I see him re-signing everyone this year on the basis of man-games lost due to injury. I'll be flabbergasted if he pulls anything out of his arse that remotely helps this team.

I dont think the key to this teams success is necessarily "building through the draft" as Leaf Nation likes to say, all day, every day. They've got a half- decent core of half-decent players who can be a force if given better parts to work with. It starts with saying fuck off to Antropov and Pony, and getting some decent hands to play up front. The checking lines on this team arent half bad, but they do need players who aim for the open holes, not the crest.

Not making the playoffs two years in a row with a huge budget should mean that JFJ gets the boot.

Who wants to bet they hire Domi? :)

04-08-07 10:27 AM - Post#432131

If the Devils win it's bad news for the Leafs.

If they make the playoffs, even for 4 or 5 games, not much is going to change with this team. If they don't make it for the second straight year it might shake things up enough that they actually put a decent team on the ice next year or the year after that.

Seriously, if Antrapov and Ponakarovski are on your first line, and Raycroft is in net, and all of your defense men but Kaberle are horrible, you have a bad team.