Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am pretty sure AD posts more here then the sens forum.

Um, no - and so? If you're done being the thread police, head downtown, JFJ is pulling 'defencemen' off the streets.

i am pretty sure you just contributed nothing, not even any humour. so at least i have that going for me.

do i have to post in just the sens forum? feel free to come on over, we'll be talking about hockey.

I bet theres more hockey talk in Ottawa today because the leafs didn't make the playoffs then their will be if sens win a round.

I'd take that bet in a heartbeat. Don't be so naive.

And with that, I'm outta here. Looking forward to the playoffs.

Edited by Guest

You shouldnt give Kaberle too much credit as a defensemen either, hes got good hands, moves the puck well and can skate, but he is also small, gets bumped off the puck easily and cant hit. Not to mention his glorious play on Higgins the other night...

Compared to White and Coliacavo he's Chris Pronger.

• 3 weeks later...

Little David was in his 5th grade class when the teacher asked the children what their fathers did for a living.

All the typical answers came up - fireman, policeman, salesman,etc.

David was being uncharacteristically quiet and so the teacher asked him about his father.

"My father's an exotic dancer in a gay bar and takes off all his clothes in front of other men. Sometimes, if the offer's really good, he'll go out to the alley with some guy and gets fucked up the ass by him for money."

The teacher, obviously shaken by this statement, hurriedly set the other children to work on some colouring, and took little David aside to ask him, "Is that really true about your father?"

"No," said David.

"He plays for the Leafs but I was too embarrassed to say that in front of the other kids."

• 2 weeks later...

thought this needed a bit of a bump as no-one has really talked about the Leafs in a while...

from the Star today

Point 1: Forty years ago, the Toronto Maple Leafs last won the Stanley Cup.

Point 2: Canadian Gen. Rick Hillier took the Stanley Cup to Afghanistan to cheer up the troops.

Conclusion: The Taliban are closer than the Leafs to capturing the Stanley Cup.

Guest Low Roller

Q: Why can't you get a drink in Toronto?

A: Because all the Cups are in Montreal.

(sorry if this is a repeat. I didn't bother following the whole topic.)

From Dave Hodge (TSN) today:

Thumbs down to Toronto fans who refuse to accept the fact that the Buffalo-Ottawa series will not miss them.

Leaf fans do have a problem when they hear about the bitter rivalry between the Sabres and the Senators. In the ''hockey world revolves around Toronto'' theory, Buffalo and Ottawa have too much hate for the Leafs to bother with each other.

But face it, Leaf fans - your team is long forgotten. It happens that way when you don't make the playoffs, so pick one of these teams - enjoy watching one of them lose and join the fun.

Dave Hodge can fuck right off. I haven't heard anything of the sort from anyone that I know of who is a Leaf fan.

I'm focussed on the teams that are still playing, not those that aren't.

What kind of problem would anyone have hearing about the hate between Ottawa and Buffalo? I love the rivalry between Ottawa and Buffalo. I've been hoping for this re-match since the playoff teams were decided.

Thumbs down to Dave Hodge for completely having his finger off the pulse of hockey at the fans' level. You're turning into the Andy Rooney of NHL talking heads.

Go Sabres Go!

Edited by Guest

Kev, go take a look at some of the discussion at the globe and mail (after any article about the Sens). That place TOTALLY fits his description. Disgruntled leafs fans who have nothing better to do now that their team is out than troll Ottawa fans and speak poorly of any series they're in.

Probably true ... i don't frequent those places though. I'm just talking from my experience with all the people I work with here at the CBC (most are all rooting for the Sens now) my friends, people I meet around town, etc. I don't see/hear any of this. EVERYONE I know is pumped for this series because, on paper, it should be AMAZING. It's about the hockey, man .

Online sports forums (fora?) and places like TSN are breeding grounds for trolls. They will try to instigate anything and everything. Take a look at comments directed towards the Leafs on Ottawa based sites, and on the sports sites. There are Sens trolls a plenty there as well ready and willing to talk trash at the drop of a hat too. Shit, Sens trolls are the ones who can't seem to forget the Leafs right now in a lot of places. They gotta get that monkey off their back.

Here's to a fantastic series coming up. I'm hoping it goes to 6 or 7.

The Cup final will probably be a let down after the Conference Finals ...

I like that no matter how many replies this thread gets, it's stuck below the line of pinned topics. Kind of like being just outside of the 8th playoff spot in the standings.

For the record, I agree with Hodge based on my experiences at work and so on.

I like that no matter how many replies this thread gets' date=' it's stuck below the line of pinned topics. Kind of like being just outside of the 8th playoff spot in the standings.[/quote']

I knew you would bring that up. One joke does not make me obsessed.

Dude, you keep saying that and it's so fucking bullshit. We've moved on and are waiting for you to do the same.

What? This thread had been lying dormant since April 9th. Who started posting in it almost a month later? Not a Leaf fan.

Hey, did you check out those video clips of Martin Levac's band Turn It On Again??? Freakin' Sweet! Now, let's see if we can get a gig happening here :)http://www.turnitonagain.com/eng/Media/visual.html

n: DSO "They Love Each Other" 5/8/77 tribute http://www.iclips.net/

Edited by Guest

I hope he gets the axe too, however, they'll probably give him the year and he'll make yet another stupid decision (like miss out on a key free agent signing in order to keep Mats, and then have Mats declare retirement right before the season starts due to his condition). I don't have much confidence as you can see .

Fuck! Whats going on in Leaf nation? My new job keeps me completely disconnected!!! JFJ - whats going on with him today? Fire the bastard!

And dave Hodge is an idiot. I dont know who he's been talking too, but thats just stupid.

This series is gonna be awesome.

How long before Niel pulls a "Hunter on Turgeon"?

Id say game three.