Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Avery had an amazing game last night, that's for sure. HOWEVER, I can't believe what a FAKER he was in drawing that 'roughing' penalty. Did you see him grab his face like he got highsticked or something? The replays clearly showed that no part of Tucker made contact with his face.

Whatever the case, it was a pathetic outing for the Leafs. Nothing like the past 6 or 7 games where they have really been playing well. In some ways I'm almost glad that they got trounced ... bigger wake-up call to finish off with a great 3-game run.

My hopes: Sundin gets the monkey off his back early in the first period tomorrow night. That opens the flood gates and everything starts to gel again.

::another hit from the bong::

BTW ... i still DESPISE McCabe. Fucking -5 for the night?!?!?!? For $5million a year we get a -5 defenseman. I wish they played on a base salary with bonuses for performance.

Tie Domi could be banned from minor hockey rinks for an unspecified time if the Greater Toronto Hockey League finds truth in the allegations that the former Toronto Maple Leaf enforcer has been disruptive in an arena.

Lucas Miller, coach of the Toronto Marlboros minor peewee AAA team, says this is just one of many run-ins with Domi this past season and filed a complaint with the league yesterday following a much-publicized incident on Friday night after a playoff loss at Herb Carnegie Arena. Police were called, but no charges were laid.

"There is a Hockey Canada rule that says that any spectator or parent whose actions are disruptive and not conducive to the wellbeing of the game may be banned for a period of time," said GTHL president John Gardner. "Domi will be treated like any other parent.

"We only have about six complaints a year and possibly two or three are subsequently banned anywhere from one month to one year."

Domi, meanwhile downplayed the situation on Sunday.

"I don't want to talk about it, it's a non-issue," Domi told CTV News. "It had nothing to do with my son's ice time at all."

Miller disagrees.

"He (Domi) is trying to paint a picture that nothing has happened," Miller said yesterday. "This is not true. It has gone on all year. This is just the cherry on top of the sundae."

Miller said he agonized on whether or not to file the complaint.

"The confrontation that took place should never have happened," Miller said.

"I saw what Domi said on television," added Miller. "He claims the situation was `over-exaggerated.' As the person who had to endure his foul mouth, obscenities and aggressive behaviour, there is no exaggeration. I was really scared. He didn't hit me but I was afraid."

Miller, 31, a part-time teacher and owner of hockey schools, had gone to the Toronto Marlboro administrators before Christmas to complain of Domi's actions and the various messages he had left on his answering machine.

Toronto Marlboro president Jim Nicoletti, a school principal by profession, confirmed he heard recordings of Domi leaving "a very strong message ... in an intimidating fashion ... in a worked-up, anxiety-ridden voice.

"Domi was very irritated with Lucas's coaching," he said. "Lucas may have made some mistakes but everyone does. The team is in finals and doing well."

Assistant coach Yianni Ioannou was standing outside the team dressing room with the team manager when Domi approached Miller.

"I've been in the Ontario Hockey League and at two (NHL) camps and I've never seen anything like this," Ioannou said.

Ioannou and the team manager, who requested anonymity, tell the same story.

"(Domi) came out of the tunnel and came in screaming, `F---this' and `f--- that' and `you're f---ing embarrassing,'" the manager said. "He proceeded to stand over Lucas and kept going on all the time.

"Domi didn't touch him but he was wagging his finger. Lucas kept saying, `I am the coach of this team' and finally stood up.

"Lucas was fired up but didn't get crazy. But (he) did say to Domi, `You're f---ing embarrassing yourself. You have no class.'''

Nicoletti says that like most GTHL teams, the Marlboros have guidelines for conflict resolution. Theirs involves a "24 hour rule."

"We are completely appalled that 10-year-old kids should be exposed to this kind of language," Nicoletti said.

McCabe redeemed himself??? Come on. In the previous two games he was -7. A $5million defenseman should NOT have stats like that. One goal last night (and he was still a -1) doesn't make up for it IMHO.

I actually said to my buddy, prior to OT when we needed a little herbal remedy to calm the nerves, that even if McCabe scored the OT winner I'll still hate him :) Now, if he scores a hat trick tomorrow I may warm up a little.

mccabe_bryan150.jpg

GO LEAFS GO

I predict that Coliacavo will kick the puck in front of the net to an Islander who scores.

I also predict that McCabe will bat the puck out of the air to an Islander who scores.

I furthermore predict that Steen will be responsible for 6 odd man rushes going the other way.

The dream is over, what can I say.