Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me why the Leafs got Scott Clemmenson? They already have two goalies, and Clemmenson is a proven loser....I have been trying to figure out the rationale, but any logic in the desicion has eluded me. any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
NHL suspends Leafs' Bell

September 04, 2007

KEVIN McGRAN

Sports reporter

Maple Leafs forward Mark Bell says he has been suspended indefinitely by the National Hockey League for his drunk-driving conviction last month.

Bell, who was working out with his new teammates at Lakeshore Lions Arena Tuesday, said he hoped to play in the NHL this season, but he would not challenge the NHL's ruling. He said the league told him a few days ago of the pending suspension.

"They told me. They said I'll get over it and just keep moving ahead," said Bell, who was convicted for a hit-and-run offence after a accident during Labour Day in 2006 on the outskirts of San Jose that injured the driver of the another vehicle.

"I'm meeting it head on, and taking steps to make it better, and learning from mistakes I made."

When the plea and the jail sentence were announced, league officials indicated they were examining whether Bell might be subject to further NHL discipline.

Bell said he had not had any alcohol in the year since the accident, and has been in a recovery program.

The 27-year-old became a Leaf during the NHL draft weekend last June. The Leafs acquired Bell and goalie Vesa Toskola from San Jose for a package of draft picks.

The Maple Leafs open training camp Sept. 13.

Link

It's ironic that yesterday I was thinking about how the Leafs' forward lines might change with the additions of Blake and Bell to the lineup. I guess I only have to consider one of them for the time being...

• 3 weeks later...