Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tucker is a bigger problem than Blake. He's practically invisible. Blake, while not scoring anywhere near as many goals as the team was hoping for, is at least creating a lot of chances and has some excellent speed and dexterity. I realize Tucker is a lot cheaper than Blake, but he's rarely a factor in any game. I think Tucker is a player who could be effective through sheer heart and determination when he was younger, but now that he's no spring chicken his lack of actual skill is more readily apparent. I'm glad to see him off the powerplay unit.

Great fight' date=' but Rome II can't be beat.[/quote']

I was up until 2am watching the final 4 episodes. FUCKING GREAT! I'll take a ROME fight over a Tucker fight :) Why does this show have to end :(

on to Deadwood to drown my sorrows :P

Rome ended because of a 10-1 ratio of people watching Desperate Housewives over Vorenus, Marc Antony, Pullo and company. It didn't help that Rome cost 10 mil. an episode either. Deadwood ended through similar circumstances. Both shows are two of the best dramas I've ever seen.

I've found Leaf games this year to be either hilarious and/or boring for the most part. Last night's game was really good. It was hard-nosed, intense and fast... and the team I wanted to win, did (although they didn't deserve it). And Derian Hatcher was a force, even if he almost killed both Lupul and Steen at the same time. If you don't feel for Carlo Colaiacovo incredible run of bad luck, then you have no soul. The close-up of good-guy Jim Dowd's face as he watched Carlo being helped off the ice after he accidently went knee-to-knee with the defenseman said it all.

Guest Low Roller

Sounds like Simon Gamache is getting his wish. A couple of days after complaining to the media that he wasn't having any fun with the Marlies in the AHL and wanted to play in the big league, Gamache was placed on waivers by the Leafs.

That was a wild game last night. Have always hated the Flyers since i was a kid in the 70s. Their a real class act this year :P

Downie is proving himself as a real winner in this league too. Tons o' respect for the other players. Just ask McAmmond and Blake. Four games back from his 20 game suspension and he pulls shit like that? And he thinks he's cool and fucking smiles a shit-eating-grin as he leaves the ice. I can't wait until he is put in his place by one of the League's real enforcers. All that prick is going to do is injure more and more players with cheap shots.

downie_47863.jpg

WTF didn't Maurice dress Belak last night? Knowing the history of the orange and black that was coming in to a home rink and not having some sort of security for what was inevitable????

Nice seeing Hatcher raise that elbow wayyy up and leave his feet on the centre ice collision with Steen oops Lupul! Fuck, if he had made contact with Steen there would have been one more Leaf out of the lineup along with poor Coliacovo (after getting kneed at the whistle).

Nittymakki was on his head. What was it, 59 shots on neat that he received? Amazing. The Leafs actually were trying last night and yet they blow it again ... and don't even get the point for a tie because of that loser White. He's gotta be sent down.

Edited by Guest

If there ever was a player who deserved to be "Bertuzzi'd", it's Steve Downie. He deserves it way more than Steve Moore even did!

I'd like to see McGratton take care of business - not with a career-ending head-slam into the ice, but with a good solid pounding that makes Downie go crying to his mommy. That would rule.

Circle Jan. 20th on your calendars.