Jambands.ca

The Slip?

OB1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

at the risk of sounding like the old fart in the crowd - i'm really beginning to hate shows where the headliner doesn't take the stage until well after midnite. im usually dead by then. most of us dont have the luxury of sleeping in until noon that day.

i usually just resent the opening bands because they are cutting into the time I'd much rather see the headliner. oh well, i suppose one has to accept the fact that some ontario shows are on hawaiian time.

Hey Mr. Promoter, thanks for getting an awesome lineup for the Ottawa show. a 90 minute set is ideal. All three bands are great. The bar is perfect.

I totally agree. It's a "3-band thrill for a 20-dollar bill".

And our Ottawa show is on a Friday night to boot!

as for change over, it should be no less then 10min per act.

Not complaining here, but I think you meant to say "no more than 10min" (I hope!)

Hey Mr. Promoter' date=' thanks for getting an awesome lineup for the Ottawa show. a 90 minute set is ideal. All three bands are great. The bar is perfect. [/quote']

I totally agree. It's a "3-band thrill for a 20-dollar bill".

And our Ottawa show is on a Friday night to boot!

as for change over, it should be no less then 10min per act.

Not complaining here, but I think you meant to say "no more than 10min" (I hope!)

yup your right. NO MORE THEN 10MINS.

thanks for supporting these bands. there all of the same caliber. and will bring it every night.

You bastards should be thankful that you get any shows at all.

I think you may be getting confused about the business relationship in place here. We (the bastards) are the consumer. We get to bitch about and criticize stuff. It's our money being laid down here. You think we should be thankful? Yes, just like Zune owners should be thankful that Microsoft tried to make a completitive MP3 player rather than complaining about its problems. I just don't see how you figure.

I am very thankful that people like Shane work hard to bring us live music. That doesn't however, mean that I succeed my rights as the consumer. That's a ludicrous idea.

You bastards should be thankful that you get any shows at all.

I think you may be getting confused about the business relationship in place here. We (the bastards) are the consumer. We get to bitch about and criticize stuff. It's our money being laid down here. You think we should be thankful? Yes' date=' just like Zune owners should be thankful that Microsoft [u']tried to make a completitive MP3 player rather than complaining about its problems. I just don't see how you figure.

I am very thankful that people like Shane work hard to bring us live music. That doesn't however, mean that I succeed my rights as the consumer. That's a ludicrous idea.

thanks for the support willy.

i'd like to address your statment regarding the rights of a consumer. i think the only right a consumer really has is to buy it or don't buy it.

most bitching comes from a consumer that hasn't reseached the product before buying.

this really has nothing to with live shows.

$15 for three bands doesn't really give anyone the right bitch about anything.

All rights reserved. No part of this document may be reproduced by any means without the written permission of U.FProductions/NUFunk/Jambands.ca. No fur-bearing animals were harmed during the creation of this document. Not recommended for persons with sugar-restricted diets. Proud sponsor of the 1934 penguin olympic games at McMurdo Sound, Antarctica. May cause irritability, sleeplessness or warts after prolonged use. Contents under pressure. BHT added to preserve freshness. Caution: this product has caused some laboratory rats to rip through their cages, fly across the room and brutally murder hundreds of innocent people. Shake well before using. No vacuum tubes or other user-serviceable parts inside. Not to be combined with other radioisotopes except under the advice of a physician. Avoid prolonged exposure to ultraviolet light. The truth is out there. Use no hooks. Not intended for use by children or liberals under the age of five. Printed on unrecycled dead trees and we're proud of it.

Edited by Guest

with the slip hitting the stage at midnight every night.

bingo.

This thread is like a bizarro world to me, I suddenly find myself agreeing with Willy.

Not everyone is so horny for live music they want to see a parade of bands. Some of us have a finite threshold for it. So the options for these shows are, get down there early and catch all the acts, or just head down to the bar around midnight to catch the headliner.

with the slip hitting the stage at midnight every night.

bingo.

This thread is like a bizarro world to me' date=' I suddenly find myself agreeing with Willy.

Not everyone is so horny for live music they want to see a parade of bands. Some of us have a finite threshold for it. So the options for these shows are, get down there early and catch all the acts, or just head down to the bar around midnight to catch the headliner. [/quote']

or you could just check out the songs on there websites. you might just like them. and want to come down early.

www.thelovelyfeathers.com/

www.killthelights.ca/

www.landoftalk.com

This is not intended as a "bitchy complaint" aimed at anyone in particular, but in my experience any time that there is more than two bands on a bill, the headliner gets screwed for time. I think this occurs for numerous reasons, which I think are all fairly obvious, and relatively equally distributed amongst the bands themselves, the venue, and the people who are attending. But it seems to be the way the dice fall, regardless of best intentions.

Having said that I am very much hoping that I will be able to make the Hamilton show.

3 bands before the slip is just too much.
nope thats an error on the slip's website.

the billing for all 4 shows are

DECEMBER 7th - VINYL, GUELPH, ON

w/ The Lovely Feather and Kill The Lights

DECEMBER 8th - PEPPERJACKS CAFE HAMILTON, ON

w/ The Lovely Feather and Kill The Lights

DECEMBER 9th - EL MOCAMBO, TORONTO, ON

w/ Kill The Lights

DECEMBER 15th- BERRYMORE'S MUSIC HALL, OTTAWA, ON

w/The Lovely Feathers and Land Of Talk

phew!

This is not intended as a "bitchy complaint" aimed at anyone in particular, but in my experience any time that there is more than two bands on a bill, the headliner gets screwed for time.

Having been in the opening band of a three-band bill, the first band often gets squeezed as well, between the lateness of arrival of people, and the need to finish early enough to allow the second (and then third) band a good amount of stage time.

Aloha,

Brad