Jambands.ca

Famous people you know?

Jared

Ok, so thinking about the other post, I thought it would be cool, to see what famous people anyone from here knows, and i'm not just talking about meeting randomly, I'm talking people you actually now, or know you.

I have a few:

Paula Abdual. - her aunt has a cottage a few doors away from me. she is there a few times in the summer since i was a kid. I've hung out with her a few times. cool girl.

Haden Christenson ( starwars kid) - lives in the house 3 doors down from me

Steve Page ( barenaked ladies ) is my cousin, like 3rd or 4th, we never speak, but we see each ither at funerals and weddings and stuff

and,

Mr Bob Dylan, is a close friend of mine's uncle, he comes to his house a few times a year, mostly when he is in town, and for the holidays. i met him at least 15 times. my bro also has a cottage near me, and Bob goes there a few times in the summer too. its easy to spot cause there is a huge limmo infront of a run down cottage, and uausaully a few cop cars.

becides that i've met the indiago girls, Sara Mclaughlin, Ben harper, Dave mathews, Bela fleck. Kaos, Mike gordon, george clinton and his neice, Miclael franti and a few others

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know any of these people, but my brother shares a hatred of the Toronto Argonauts with all of the following:

1.jpg

Mr. T

kingofq.jpg

Ted Reader, the King of BBQ

ex_commish.jpg

Doug Mitchell, former CFL Commissioner

colin_mocharie.jpg

Colin Mocharie

printers.jpg

Geroy Simon, BC Lions player

garcia.jpg

Former NFL passing leader Jeff Garcia

... sorry.

I got to meet a lot of great bands working at The Comfort Zone.

- Dirty Dozen Brass Band

- Jorma Kaukenen (Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane)

- Merl Saunders

- Derek Trucks

- Gov't Mule (with Woody)

- Marty Balin and Paul Kantner (Jefferson Airplane)

- surviving members of Big Brother and the Holding Company

- Burning Spear

- Johnny Neel (Allman Brothers Band)

- Marc Ford (Black Crowes)

- Michael Brecker

- Nero

My mom's cousin Doug Sheddon used to play for the Maple Leafs.

I think that's all that I got.

Oh wait! I have a photo at home with me and Jean Chretien. We both gave speeches at my graduation where he received an honourary degree.

Oh, and I am blessed with the opportunity to hang out with the infamous MarcO on a regular basis. Life doesn't get much better than that!

- Dirty Dozen Brass Band

- Merl Saunders

- Derek Trucks

- Burning Spear

- Michael Brecker

- Nero

I've only heard of nero, and there not even famous

I was discussing the following question last week: What is the yardstick for famous?

Is Gord Sinclair famous?

How about Gord Downie?

Is Les Paul famous?

I suspect the most famous person that knows my phone number would be Bob Wiseman. Which is cool, because he sure is famous to me.

Mike Reno sang Rock And Roll (Led Zep) with us (Themasses) one night at the Media Club... He's goes out with my friends sister and comes out to our shows sometimes.

I met Tori Spelling while walking my dog in Vancouver about 5 years ago. My dog went up to her and thrusted her nose into Tori's crotch and had a good sniff. My dog must have thought she was another dogs ass.

If Fareed Haque is considered famous, then I know him too.. He has borrowed some of my guitar stuff a few times. He also joined us at the Bonfire Fest 2 years ago for our whole set. Nice guy, superhuman guitarist.

I met Kim Mitchell a few times when working at a bar in Muskoka when I was younger.

Jane Siberry came into my workplace a few weeks ago, she goes by a different name now so I didn't recognize her at first.

I met Bob Weir at The Bumbershot Festival about 4 years ago, we walked and talked about Canada for a few minutes..

I met Kim Mitchell a few times when working at a bar in Muskoka when I was younger.

Luckyyyyyyy.

jon_heder_napoleon_dynamite_intervi.jpg

I thought of two more:

- I met Don Cherry twice when I was younger.

- I used to work for Michael Kaeshammer's sister, Jane, at a cafe in Golden. Michael came in once and I met him.

Mike Reno sang Rock And Roll (Led Zep) with us (Themasses) one night at the Media Club... He's goes out with my friends sister and comes out to our shows sometimes.

If you ever get a chance to introduce us, please do. I know it sounds ridiculous, but Mike Reno changed my life dramatically.

- Dirty Dozen Brass Band

- Merl Saunders

- Derek Trucks

- Burning Spear

- Michael Brecker

- Nero

Hang on... Michael Brecker played at the Comfort Zone? When was that?

I think it's curious how most of you had MET but only a few of you claim to actually KNOW recognizable names.

I do dig the photos, but still very few admit to KNOWing...

nice touch, Velvet. I think it's rad that Bob knows your number. that's close if not bang on.

(hey...i just slag SCI without listening to them anymore. I don't claim to KNOW anybody more famous other Mary and even then we're not tiiight)