Jambands.ca

So I asked my student if he got any cool presents...

Velvet

'Twas an ebay purchase. The kid says his dad got himself a copy of Abbey Road signed by three of them (no John), and gave him the Rubber Soul signed by all four. They came unframed, but he says he's gonna frame it asap. He's a great kid (about 15), a Beatles fan, and I'm sure he appreciates the gift. I think when I asked him if he got any presents he did a mental scan to see if there were any music-related gifts, hence the initial "No".

I see this blurb on some site....

An autographed copy of the 1965 Beatles album 'Rubber Soul' was bought for £25,850 in London yesterday. Its value lies in its rarity, "It is the only autographed copy of 'Rubber Soul' I've ever seen," said Sotheby's expert Stephen Maycock.

At the same auction an autographed copy of 'Please Please Me' went for a very large sum too, but considerably less at £8,300. Stephen Maycock explains, "There is a pecking order for autographed albums, 'Please Please Me' is one of the most commonly seen.

At that time, 1963, the Beatles were at their most accessible, but by the mid 60s it was almost impossible to get near them."

This 'Rubber Soul' album was actually signed in the summer of 1968 when the vendor came home to find the Beatles being filmed outside her house in Wapping, East London. She dashed inside, picked up her album and got them all to sign it!

It's interesting that a signed copy of 'Rubber Soul' is far rarer than say a signed 'Sgt Pepper', though fans may consider the latter more collectable because of its landmark status.

Seems pretty rare to me!

An autographed copy of the 1965 Beatles album 'Rubber Soul' was bought for £25,850 in London yesterday.

at today's exchange rate that's $59,069.71 CAD

"i'd rather a trip arond the world than a piece of vinyl, but thanks for the thought dad. now how do i logon to ebay?"

where'd you get that figure?

check out the abbey road auction autographed. Only 500 bucks. Seems to be missing john though.

John matters, man ;) and apparently, a lot of ebay auctions are not authenticated.

i got the figure from a couple of beatles memorabilia sites. a signed original copy of Meet the Beatles just sold by George Harrison's sister in december fetched $115,000 US.

Edited by Guest
spelling (tori - homewrecker!)