Jambands.ca

The John Henrys mini-tour

Velvet

Me too.

Frankly I can't remember the last time I saw a Quebec date that was east of Montreal.

Harry Manx always seems to have pretty random (to me) Quebec destinations on his tour schedule. Fun to look at. I'd go find the dates and cut and paste but I'm on a Mac right now and it would take too long to figure out how to do everything, lol.

Last night was really good. Good to see all the cats who made it out, and I have to say, they were a little tighter than usual, maybe because they, for once, had been playing consecutive shows? Who knows, well done though...

Edit to Add:

Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that they claim to have written "Ain't Gonna Drink No More" ? I don't know who wrote it, I just know it wasn't them, and on 'Sweet As The Grain' they label themselves as the authors.

And, 'No More Rock and Roll,' sounds way too much like 'Cold Jordan' for my liking...

That's all....

Edited by Guest

Doug started writing the song on the way home from a party at my place. He worked on the song for about a month*, and I heard it several times along the way as it developed.

Good songs sound familiar. If you find the 'source' for this song I'd be very interested in hearing it.

*Doug spends more time on writing a song than I've ever heard anyone spend, and not lacadaisical time either; when he's working on a song, he's working on it. 'Burnout' took about four months to write.

On a quick search I found nothing, but I'm not convinced. I'm not calling plagerism or anything, I'm just pointing it out.

And 'Burnout' is an excellent tune, I have no doubt Doug is a thourough song writer and that this is a coincidince; I just know I've heard it before. I want to say it's a trad. tune that Yonder covered a lot, but again, I'll be back when I actually look it up.

Does anyone else have a problem with the fact that they claim to have written "Ain't Gonna Drink No More" ? I don't know who wrote it, I just know it wasn't them, and on 'Sweet As The Grain' they label themselves as the authors.

doug wrote ain't gonna drink no more.

That's what it says in the album liner' date=' but trust me, I've heard too many bluegrass covers from people way before the John Henry's to believe that. [/quote']

I'm not calling plagerism or anything

LOL

cd2.jpg

Thanks everyone for coming out! We are shooting for some april dates for Southern Ontario. We will have actual dates by mid march:

at the MOHO in peterborough

Toronto (probably at the cadillac lounge)

Hamilton (somewhere they will have us...any suggestions?)

And yes, Doug wrote the lyrics and tune to Ain't gonna drink...but Rey steals all of his songs off of the Wayne Ronstadt unreleased archives...