Jambands.ca

Facebook is addictive!

FunkyBeats

The only thing I don't like about Facebook is how easy it is to reconnect with people you went to school with. People I haven't talked to in 10-15 years finding me and saying "hey.. what's new?" is so ridiculous. "Well, I guess not much... how about you?". Some people on my facebook I didn't even talk to when I was IN SCHOOL with them. What the hell makes me want to talk to them now?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a weird site! It seems like it's infiltrated my social networks over the last couple of days. I just joined up a couple of days ago and have connected with so many people It's bizarre... It's getting out of hand... I need a break...

What I find strange is how so many of the poeple I know on there are new members as well. Strange how things work...

I love seeing the patterns. I keep seeing this one dude popping up on friend lists of a bunch of my contacts, but I've never met him. Interesting...

Did I say I need a break?

So my friend...who started the "friends don't let friends facebook while intoxicated" group signed me up for facebook while intoxicated.

anyways, i'm on there taking a look around, punching in random names from my past...type in the old "she was my beeeeeeeeeeeeest friend until she brutally stabbed me in the back in high school" friend and looked at her friends, and wow! i don't have to go to my highschool reunion anymore, i can see all those peeps right here.

facebook is freakin crazy.

This whole facebook thing smacks of "big brother is watching" Call me paranoid but i was wary of this concept before and after hearing Alabama Man's story there is no fucking way i want to share my personal information on the internet.

Beware, you'll probably get audited ;)

Tooly and Alabama Man both raise points that I have been thinking about along with other thoughts that actually freak me out !!! These so called FREE fun sites seem so harmless and fun, but when you stop and think about the negative things that could happen from these sites its scary, to me atleast. Maybe I have watched to many sci-fi or conspiracy movies but it seems like this is right out of one of them. I mean these sites are free to us, but those sites need money to run, I know alot of money can be generated from the ads on the site.. but buisness is greedy, our information can be woth ALOT to people we have no idea they are handing it over too. Not only that, but if someone wanted to steal your identify or really fuck with your life all the info they need along with pictures and everything is right there for the picking...that we have voluntarilly handed over for anyone to see. I've always been kinda paranoid by nature but I just feel we are all being watched to a degree and we just keep handed them the info....

sarah - I tried to do as you suggested under your notes, but couldn't get the same options to pop up. I wonder if they've changed it?

facebook *is* addictive. It's far more user-friendly and easy to setup than myspace (although I don't think they are necessarily interchangeable) and yeah, it is remarkable to see who comes out of the cyber-woodwork to say hello. So far, that part of it has been pretty pleasant for me.

very addictive, I was a tad bit hesitant as well but I'm careful not to reveal too much.

I just got a friend request from a girl, who in grade 1, bullied me into being her friend by threatening to tell every one that I ate gum off the ground(which I admitt I did do, but have since dropped that habit). I'm tempted to accept to be able to write the story on her wall-let everyone know how her terror kept me up fretting at night when I was six.

Wow, I am amazed at how freaked out the hippies are by the interweb. C'mon Schwa, who the hell doesn't already know your SIN number??

I enjoy facebook and myspace when I've got the time, you don't have to put all of your info out there. It's just a neat tool for fraternizin' wit your peeps.

If it freaks you out, don't do it. And go and buy some tinfoil cause I'm pretty sure whoever is involved can see in your windows too!

Bottom line is I am still in contact with every person i choose to be and not being contacted with assholes from my past....the way i like it.

I agree with you Schwa.

I did however sign up to Facebook, but I am very reluctant to get in touch with people from my past that I honestly don't give a fuck about. There are alot of those types out there on Facebook so if they contact me, whatever, but I am not about to contact them.

very addictive, I was a tad bit hesitant as well but I'm careful not to reveal too much.

I just got a friend request from a girl, who in grade 1, bullied me into being her friend by threatening to tell every one that I ate gum off the ground(which I admitt I did do, but have since dropped that habit). I'm tempted to accept to be able to write the story on her wall-let everyone know how her terror kept me up fretting at night when I was six.

:) hillarious :)